home depot NC30H

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
greythorn3 said:
nc30 supposed to be the hot ticket for a nice light show.

Yep.

Attachments

• 30 first burn 07-08 firebox.jpg
    30 first burn 07-08 firebox.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 427
  • big oak 2.jpg
    big oak 2.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 372
  • nc-30kickin.jpg
    nc-30kickin.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 364
BrotherBart said:
greythorn3 said:
nc30 supposed to be the hot ticket for a nice light show.

Yep.

are you the devil trying to tempt me with your fires from hell?

That first pic is my pride and joy. In late September of 2007 I started my first fire of the season. I looked up in a while and said "Whoa, get the camera.".

greythorn3 said:
ok new news again, called home depot again, they said they could order the stove for 649$ + sales tax from washington that is abotu 10%, and could not honor my 10% military veteran discount because it was a online order.

so it would be 701$ to me here in alaska, where as if it were still in stock it would have been $585

Seems that if you need a furnace, then nothing else will do. If you want a stove, then $701 shipped to you in AK is pretty cheap. They both heat the home, only difference is the way it is distributed in the home... through duct work v radiant through the home. You will likely live with it a while, so buy what you are willing to live with.

I started lusting after that ESW furnace in 1985, when yes Englander was only sold in stove shops, but went with the Sierra insert. The furnace was $750 back then. If they had ever put re-burn in the thing it would be heating this joint right now. That flue in the basement has been waiting 25 years. Of course the duct work in the house would need a little cleaning since it hasn't been used in a long, long time.

well heck we should be pleanty warm in our 2400 sq ft place with both then!

i know our blaze king cooked us outa the 1900 sq foot house.

I will own one of these someday! If for nothing else the curiosity factor will be satisfied. I just need to come up with another place to put a stove! Please just don't tell my wife I said this! :lol: I guess we need a new house with more sq ftg. I need more space for more stoves!

Your lucky VC you got a nice crew of wood helpers there, I have girls and the boy is only 4 so it will be awhile before he totes the wood ,but hes already fetchin the beer.

Thanks Trump,
Yeah, the boys help out a ton on stacking the wood and bringing it upstairs. I usually put half to three quarters cords in the lower garage and they bring it up as needed. Usually one tote at a time. My little guy Max (he's 7) loves to watch me split wood out back even in the coldest of days. He likes to keep me company. I get to teach him about the wood and splitting. The two older Leo (10) and Tristan (9) are the ones who move the wood upstairs most of the time. I go down there to help them sometimes, show them the different species and tell them what kind of species are better to burn in colder days etc... They really like this aspect and have picked up quite a bit from their little chore. Someday, hopefully they will be able to take what they've learned and put it to use.

VCBurner said:
Thanks Trump,
Yeah, the boys help out a ton on stacking the wood and bringing it upstairs. I usually put half to three quarters cords in the lower garage and they bring it up as needed. Usually one tote at a time. My little guy Max (he's 7) loves to watch me split wood out back even in the coldest of days. He likes to keep me company. I get to teach him about the wood and splitting. The two older Leo (10) and Tristan (9) are the ones who move the wood upstairs most of the time. I go down there to help them sometimes, show them the different species and tell them what kind of species are better to burn in colder days etc... They really like this aspect and have picked up quite a bit from their little chore. Someday, hopefully they will be able to take what they've learned and put it to use.

I do have a son 28 and out of the nest for a long time already but im turning him into a wood burner as well ,only been doing it myself for about 2-3 years now.
He recently helped me lug an Englander 30 into place, an is buying one for himself already. Perhaps our kids will help keep us warm when were too old to chop wood anymore. Like my harman as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.