home depot NC30H

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greythorn3

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 8, 2007
Alaska
wheelordie.com
Im about to pull the trigger and buy another woodstove, been reading some about the NC30H home depot has on here, is it really as good as people are saying? im used to my old blaze king, but want to get another stove for another house we have. and them 6" pipes allot cheaper.

well... pretty much anything's better than a BK! :lol:

To be honest, I don't have any experience with the NC30, but it seems to be a pretty decent stove for the price- I was suprised to see that there was such a thing as an EPA compliant stove below $1k...

Nah. Don't get one. Keeps my house too warm and doesn't use enough wood.

Allright Ski Bum, whoa them horses! ;-) Looks aside, the BK is a pretty decent stove. It just needs to be "learned", as it isn't like most other stoves. Once you change your burning habits to match the stove, you'll get happy. I'm still learning, and getting happier every day.- Greythorn3- do the HD thing right now. An NC-30 for less than $700, 'nough said. Good stoves, my buddies bought 2 tonight, maybe a few more . 6"flue.

they are still 999 here in AK! but i get 10% veteran discount so it would be 900$

i found a used englander online for 700$ model 24-ACD 50-SHW24

do you guys think this is a better buy?

im pretty sure both these nc30h and this one are noncat stove. i love my blaze king also but its staying in this house, the other house needs a wood stove tho.. that why im looking.

Attachments

• englander.jpg
    englander.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 1,253
  • 3m33ob3lf5P55X65R0b31030f21dd13831b34.jpg
    3m33ob3lf5P55X65R0b31030f21dd13831b34.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 1,101
  • 3mf3o63p95Y35W45R6b317f11a22c288c110f.jpg
    3mf3o63p95Y35W45R6b317f11a22c288c110f.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,113
  • 3ne3kf3o35W45U15P1b31c93d8cf044bc1665.jpg
    3ne3kf3o35W45U15P1b31c93d8cf044bc1665.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,335
i noticed the nc30h doesnt qualify for the energy rebate! only .63 efficency, is there a under 1000$ wood stove at the home depot or lowes thats any good that meets the efficency?

greythorn3 said:
i noticed the nc30h doesnt qualify for the energy rebate! only .63 efficency, is there a under 1000$ wood stove at the home depot or lowes thats any good that meets the efficency?

I think the program is geared toward emissions which are quite low with the englander at 1.63 grams per hour.(lower is better)

alright guys! thanks again, gonna go plunk the 900$ down this weekend for the nc30h, since its made in usa and all..

i was thinking of buying one from lowes and using that 10% tax card they got so i could get it even less.. but i dont think lowes has them englanders

Get the new one! Enjoy!

anyone know what a cu ft of these 30's fireboxes are?

3.5! She's a big girl....

wow it sure dont look almost as big as my blaze king, sure is decieving.

anyone know what happened with the thread that shows what city and zip you put in the online home depot to get the 669 price? i need to find it so i can print it out to take to home depot to get them to match it.

I think it was watertown NY was at $649 My zipcode 17866 is $669

well went to home depot with paper but they had already discounted them!!! to 649$ so were completely out of them! so i got one of them furnaces instead for downstairs and will get the other one end of next season instead

dang it!!!!!

this one i got it for 811$ with the end of season sale and my military discount. so pretty good deal, regular price was 1500$

I was hoping so much to be sitting in the room at watching the secondary burn! guess i gotta wait now on that 30nch! they still have the 13nch but im afraid of small stoves.

Attachments

• woodstovelarge.jpg
    woodstovelarge.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 696
This is getting as bad as a feeding frenzy in a piranha pond. 7 concurrent threads on the same company from the same vendor is a little over the top, no?

greythorn3 said:
well went to home depot with paper but they had already discounted them!!! to 649$ so were completely out of them! so i got one of them furnaces instead for downstairs and will get the other one end of next season instead

dang it!!!!!

this one i got it for 811$ with the end of season sale and my military discount. so pretty good deal, regular price was 1500$

I was hoping so much to be sitting in the room at watching the secondary burn! guess i gotta wait now on that 30nch! they still have the 13nch but im afraid of small stoves.

All you needed to do was order it online,mine came from virginia to central PA,they send it from wherever they have overstock. my home store of bloomsburg PA now list it for $649 with free delivery. Well its too late if you already got a stove. I can tell you from just 3 days burning you are missing a spectacular lightshow. BUt only thing is it TOo low to th efloor im probably going to elevate the stove about a foot higher.

trump said:
greythorn3 said:

dang it!!!!!

All you needed to do was order it online,mine came from virginia to central PA,they send it from wherever they have overstock. my home store of bloomsburg PA now list it for $649 with free delivery. Well its too late if you already got a stove. I can tell you from just 3 days burning you are missing a spectacular lightshow. BUt only thing is it TOo low to th efloor im probably going to elevate the stove about a foot higher.

they said at the store i couldnt order it at the season clearnace price.

BeGreen said:
This is getting as bad as a feeding frenzy in a piranha pond. 7 concurrent threads on the same company from the same vendor is a little over the top, no?

agreed- could we maybe combine all of it into one "master" NC30H thread?

ok new news again, called home depot again, they said they could order the stove for 649$ + sales tax from washington that is abotu 10%, and could not honor my 10% military veteran discount because it was a online order.

so it would be 701$ to me here in alaska, where as if it were still in stock it would have been $585

That will be the only thing you ever buy in Alaska for $1.54 a pound. :lol:

BrotherBart said:
That will be the only thing you ever buy in Alaska for $1.54 a pound. :lol:

ya well i bought there add on furnace so we got that one, 811$ 570 lbs... dont know what that comes to but it doesnt have the reburn tech they say, and i really wanna experiance the 2nd burn!

i might just go place it on order at HD tonight.. nc30 supposed to be the hot ticket for a nice light show.

Status
Not open for further replies.