New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Home Depot, Portland, ME area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ericofmaine

Feeling the Heat
Feb 8, 2012
Southern Maine
$260 a ton or $220 if you buy 6 or more. Fireside Ultras at the Portland store.

Eric

Fireside Ultras from HD were very good last year. Decent heat, decent moderate amounts of ash, almost no fines, and mostly all uniform in size.

Let us know how they are burning this year.

Price for 6 tons is the same as it was last year. I wonder if HD would let you pick up the 6 tons over a period of time instead of having to have them all delivered at once. That was a pain in the rear to deal with.

Not sure. I'm having 8 tons delivered. It was worth the delivery fee to have them dropped in my driveway. I used to do the ton-at-a time thing... that was the pain in the ar$e, in my opinion.

Eric

Not sure. I'm having 8 tons delivered. It was worth the delivery fee to have them dropped in my driveway. I used to do the ton-at-a time thing... that was the pain in the ar$e, in my opinion.

Eric
Funny, I thought having six tons delivered was a pain qnd you thought getting them was a pain. I see your point-- when I had a Tacoma it was 1/2 ton at a time. This year my truck will let me move 2 tons at a time so I'm hoping that will be an easier way to go.

That's why I was wondering about paying for 6 tons and picking them up throughout the winter.

Just called HD, here in Western Mass, the 6 tons for $219 per ton deal is expired.

Last year I got mine from a place that offered delivery so I had 4 tons dropped on the ground right in front of my garage door. Stacking was SO much easier on my back. Vs picking up 1 ton at a time and picking up each bag off the trailer before stacking it.