Home Depot's customer service > Lowe's customer service

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SXIPro

Minister of Fire
Sep 28, 2009
Northern MA
Last batch of pellets I bought were Greene Teams from Lowe's, and they gave me all sorts of grief when I tried to use thier own coupon. Of course I protested and won, but none the less it left a bad taste in my mouth, especially since their customer service always kicked ass over HD's.

So this morning, I went to HD for a ton. I had no HD coupon, but did have my 10% off Lowe's coupon and theoretically I could use it at HD, but walked in expecting a battle.

I went up to the service desk and asked about purchasing a ton of pellets. The girl rang them in at $209 and before I could speak she said "Boy, those things are expensive, do you have a coupon??? We will accept any competitors coupon". So I handed here my slip of paper and got my ton for $188.00 and they had my truck loaded in two minutes flat. What a pleasant surprise.

Reactions: Dinger and lvsb
I bought my last ton at HD after a few test bags. I thought they burned well and couldn't beat the price of $196/ton. As I'm at the desk the girl suggests I sign up for a credit card, that I would get $50 off my ton. I tell her I already have one. She winks and whispers, you can get up to five cards. Well sign me up for a ton at $146. Paid that thing off Monday am, no interest, and burning happily away.

All depends on who is checking your order out... I know who to look or avoid.

I had really good luck at both.

I bought my last ton at HD after a few test bags. I thought they burned well and couldn't beat the price of $196/ton. As I'm at the desk the girl suggests I sign up for a credit card, that I would get $50 off my ton. I tell her I already have one. She winks and whispers, you can get up to five cards. Well sign me up for a ton at $146. Paid that thing off Monday am, no interest, and burning happily away.

Nice! I know what I'll be doing for my next ton. Thanks for the heads up.

.....I handed here my slip of paper and got my ton for $188.00 and they had my truck loaded in two minutes flat. What a pleasant surprise.

The question is, what brand pellets did you end up with?

The question is, what brand pellets did you end up with?

I went with Fireside Ultras. They've been getting good reviews this year, so I figured I'd give them a shot especially for under 200 clams. I can't comment on the heat yet since it is a sultry 35 degrees out so even with the stove barely puffing it's 74 in here. But very very low dust, hardly any fines and they smell good.

Lowes and HD will both give 10% off with my VA card.
I will try the HD credit card application for another $50.00 off next time.

Bill

Heck if you can get 50 bucks off for a credit appication and you can have up to 5 id just apply for 4 of them and pay 9 bucks for the ton. Cancel them all monday.

i notice that the different hd and lowes in my area seem toall sell different brands at their own stores.
i would have thought that hd sells certain brand in their stores and lowes sells the a certain brand in theirs.
why is this?

Whatever is driving by the bring in, all the same sku

Well except for Greene teams.

My local HD only gave me $25 card discount. Had Wood Fibers last week and Indecks earliar in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.