Homemade stove adapter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Brucek1$

Nov 21, 2017
Cook mn
Im having some issues connecting my selkirk dsp to my lopi 1750. Cant seem to get rhe right adapter. Does anybody know of anything that will make this connection? Would it work if i took a piece of singlewall 6" and put the crimped end in the stove and then cut it the right height so that the dsp slides into it and sets on the stove?

How does the pipe without an adapter fit? Too loose? Too tight?

How does the pipe without an adapter fit? Too loose? Too tight?
The dsp's outer pipe will not fit over the flue outlet collar on the lopi, it sits on top of it. Another member on here had the same issues but never posted what he used to make his work. Thats why i was thinking of using a piece of single wall crimped to go into the stove and then cut it the right height so that it goes into the double wall far enough and does leave any single wall exposed.

I wonder if the woodstock adapter would work for you? My chimney guys bought Selkirk double wall pipe and the outer pipe wouldn't fit over the outlet for the stove. The adapter mated up perfectly with the stove pipe and slipped into the outlet nicely.

Call them up and they can probably give you all of the exact dimensions. The part is called a "close clearance pipe adapter" It was about $35 plus shipping.

Also I don't think the connection needs to be super tight as long as it doesn't restrict flow because everything should be under negative pressure.

Last edited:
Reactions: begreen
I wonder if the woodstock adapter would work for you? My chimney guys bought Selkirk double wall pipe and the outer pipe wouldn't fit over the outlet for the stove. The adapter mated up perfectly with the stove pipe and slipped into the outlet nicely.

Call them up and they can probably give you all of the exact dimensions. The part is called a "close clearance pipe adapter" It was about $35 plus shipping.
Did you mean woodland direct? Cant find anything on woodstock

So i played around with some single wall 6" pipe last night and a excel chimmney stove adapter my dealer sold me when i bought the stove and i was able to put the single wall into the stove just fine and then the non crimped end of that pipe fit nice into the dsp double wall pipe. Everything fit nice and i could screw it from the flue collar and through the double wall only thing is the double wall does fit over the flue collar but sits on top of it? Would there be any problem with this?

Selkirk makes 2 Different Double wall stove adapters.

DSPFSA, Flush Stove Adapter - Use to adapt double wall stove pipe to stoves with recessed flue outlets. Extends past stove top to make a secure connection.
DSPSA, May be required to adapt some stove flue outlets to Double Wall Stove Pipe

Selkirk makes 2 Different Double wall stove adapters.

DSPFSA, Flush Stove Adapter - Use to adapt double wall stove pipe to stoves with recessed flue outlets. Extends past stove top to make a secure connection.
DSPSA, May be required to adapt some stove flue outlets to Double Wall Stove Pipe
The flue outlet on my lopi isnt recesed it stick up about a half inch. I picked up one of their regular stove adapter today and it fit in the outlet and over it but is loose. I called their tech line and they said i can cut off some of the material on the outer section of pipe to make the adapter drop down lower and it should in theory be tighter since the inner pipe should get bigger as it goes deeper into the stove? Sound right