Homemade wood heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Only air intake would be ash pit door.
Then who ever built it really had no clue what they were doing. You really dont have a stove you have a wood storage box

Lol you can burn wood in the thing. Not just store it. Gonna fire it up in a couple days. My 260000 smokes to much when u open the doors,unless its a raging fire. The Ashley I traded on has small holes in top.

Lol you can burn wood in the thing. Not just store it. Gonna fire it up in a couple days. My 260000 smokes to much when u open the doors,unless its a raging fire. The Ashley I traded on has small holes in top.
You have no air intake the only way to make it burn would be to leave a door open. That is unsafe and uncontrollable. It is not a functioning stove.

And yes like i said those old bucks are not designed all that well and certainly wont run correctly on 6".

And no stove will run without an air inlet.