Hook up of our VC Vigilant stove through fireplace.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackcat

Feb 1, 2011
NW NJ
Trying to get a better picture but this is what I have. Last year's guy took off the pipe, not sure if it was galvanized, and replaced it with this flex pipe. It has 2 collars, one at each end. However, the one that attaches to the liner was put in backwards-crimping towards the liner not the stove-and the ring was not attached since it fell off. They had screwed the new pipe from the "oval to round" pipe behind heat shield so there was no movement, my guess.
The company that is coming to do a level 3 inspection did say if it turns out to be a one day fix, they can find a day but if its a bigger job, it will be months. Other company I contacted gave me a date of mid December to come out. So now we're stuck waiting 3 weeks to find out what may happen. The company we have coming keeps saying its a round pipe squeezed to fit an oval, which I can see is not the case. The oval comes off the back of the stove and has the adapter to round attached. (picture included but it is on its side)
So frustrating. And although I am the main "firestarter" in my home, I really wish that my husband was here when they came. septtoct14 380.jpg
septtoct14 380.jpg
septtoct14 380.jpg

Attachments

• septtoct14 382.jpg
    septtoct14 382.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 198
Status
Not open for further replies.