Hooking up the Quadrafire 7100 and heat zone kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
How large is the basement area to be heated? How well insulated is it?
Basement will be approximately 1400 sq ft. It will be unfinished at first. I was hoping to have my installers stub in the heat zone near the center of the basement to provide some heat for where I plan to have a woodshop. I am not expecting to get the temperature the same as the first story but warm the area up a little. I will be insulating the exterior poured walls of the basement. When I eventually finish the basement I would like it to be able to heat a 400 sq ft rec. room.

Basement will be approximately 1400 sq ft. It will be unfinished at first. I was hoping to have my installers stub in the heat zone near the center of the basement to provide some heat for where I plan to have a woodshop. I am not expecting to get the temperature the same as the first story but warm the area up a little. I will be insulating the exterior poured walls of the basement. When I eventually finish the basement I would like it to be able to heat a 400 sq ft rec. room.
That's not too large an area. I'd go ahead with the plan to stub a feed into the basement. You'll get some benefit, especially once it's insulated.

That's not too large an area. I'd go ahead with the plan to stub a feed into the basement. You'll get some benefit, especially once it's insulated.
Thanks for the response! As this is new construction it will not cost much to have it installed from the start so I am going to go with it. It would be much harder to add later. Once I have a few months of use with the heat zone Ill come back here and let everyone know how it worked. This will be next winter when the house is done and it is cold enough outside to use.

Cool, take some pics as the installation progresses.

any update on the efficacy of the heat zone kit. I have two on my pioneer 2 C done with proper bvent pipe of less than 10 feet. Air temp out of them is 80Deg F. No way it is getting hot enough to require the bvent but what can you do. Bvent is rated to 400F due to the aluminum liner but it won't get anywhere close to that on my unit.