Hooray!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjnamtiw

Minister of Fire
Well, I just got two Quadrafires installed this week and ready for the winter. Unfortunately, today is 99 degrees!!!!! I want to see them burn but my AC would have a stroke. I got a Castille and a Sante fe.

Attachments

• castille.jpg
    castille.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 859
  • sante fe1.jpg
    sante fe1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 850
HAWL said:
How much will you burn down in Georgia?

So many people (including me before I moved here) think that we have mild winters. Not true. This past winter we had an 11 inch snow storm. It can go for days below freezing. One good thing compared to Pa, where I hail from, is that here you know in a few days it will be back above freezing. I heat with heat pumps and they stink down around freezing and below so my 'back up' was wood. Typically, I would burn about 2-3 cords of wood but I'm just too old/lazy to keep putting up with the mess/work/bugs anymore. How much will I use? Don't have a clue but I suspect that once we light them off, the wife will be spoiled by the warmth and nice effect as long as I'm the one that has to do the cleaning!!! I didn't really do it to save money since I have 3 acres of oak out back for free. It's just an age versus energy thing.

If anyone else is down this way, give a call to The Fire Place in Tiger, Ga. or go visit them. They treated me very well and did a very professional installation.

Congrats on your new installs.
The color of that castille looks real sharp against the brick.
Keep us posted how you like them this winter.

tinkabranc said:
Congrats on your new installs.
The color of that castille looks real sharp against the brick.
Keep us posted how you like them this winter.

Thanks and Wilco. Yea, the color is what suckered us into that one!! It looks a heck of a lot better than the old Craft Stove that was there.

Truly beautiful stoves. They should work as good as they look. Nice installs!

Just spent 6 hours cutting firewood for my neighbor. I agree with you. At a certain age, 40 lb bags of pellets beat humping logs.

Best of luck next winter.

Clifford

Vermont-XXV said:
Truly beautiful stoves. They should work as good as they look. Nice installs!

Just spent 6 hours cutting firewood for my neighbor. I agree with you. At a certain age, 40 lb bags of pellets beat humping logs.

Best of luck next winter.

Clifford

Thanks, Clifford. i don't envy you for the 6 hours of cutting wood. I would have had the EMS out front! Now I just wish that the bags of pellets were as cheap as my wood in my backyard!!! They did do a nice job of installing them. The Sante Fe was the hardest because of the narrow width of the old oak mantel. They actually had to have a piece of steel cut to fit inside of the mantel legs and then they had to cut down the surround pieces to fit. The stove itself fit the width of the fireplace opening with 1/2" to spare!

I'll give ya fifty bucks for the saws and I will pay the shipping. :lol: With luck at 62 I can do one more year of whacking trees. Maybe.

BrotherBart said:
I'll give ya fifty bucks for the saws and I will pay the shipping. :lol: With luck at 62 I can do one more year of whacking trees. Maybe.

Hmmm, $50............... Let me think about it. :eek:) Those engines will probably end up being modified for my model planes. I have one with a 50cc engine on it now. At 62, you're right behind me. I turned 66 today and don't feel a day over 88.

tjnamtiw said:
BrotherBart said:

Hmmm, $50............... Let me think about it. :eek:) Those engines will probably end up being modified for my model planes. I have one with a 50cc engine on it now. At 62, you're right behind me. I turned 66 today and don't feel a day over 88.

I'm 60 and I feel 2 days over 88. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.