Hope You Guys Are Right!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wkpoor

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 30, 2008
Amanda, OH
Went out to the shop today to look at the Magnolia I have new in the crate. That thing is ity bidy. I remember why I bought it n the first place. It Looks like a good stove to heat one room, not a whole house like my Nashua does. Some people here were talking about what a large stove that is, well I'm here to say the door on the front looks about half the size I'm used to looking at. I've real doubts about it being able to do the job. Problem is its a fair bit of work to get it in place, and then if I find out what I suspect is true I will have wasted alot of time. I'm heating 2800sqft nicely with the old smoke dragon, sure I have to feed it much and often, but it does the job. All the efficiency in the world won't be worth crap if I'm cold.

That stove only puts out about 30K btu's right? To heat 2800sqft I think you'll be sorely disappointed. Any chance you can return it and get a much larger stove before the tax credit ends? Cheers!

Edit: I'm heating 2000sqft downstairs (where the stove is) and the upstairs is another 1000sqft. I can keep the house at ~ 69* downstairs and 62* upstairs when the temps are single digits at night and teens in the day. My stove is rated to put out 80K btus. So, again, I think you are correct - prepare to be cold.

Just got it uncrated. Ain't even going to try. Its a joke. No its a toy stove IMO. Firebox is so small I would spend all winter cutting my firewood smaller so I could even get it in. Then the instructions said not to load firebox above brick on the sides. Yeh right then it will only take 3 small sticks! Ha I need to stick with what works for now till I can order the Em I want.

Have you looked at a Blaze King, or even their princess model, its smaller and i never had one but hear its okay to.

I love my Blaze King stove, I have the King model, and its easy to light, burns a long time and throws off a LOT of heat.

I am glad you are not putting it in, believe me it couldnt carry the Nashua's jock strap!

http://blazeking.com/wood-king.html

Not saying they are for everyone, just that its been an amazing stove for me is all.

And it will heat 2600 feet for me at -40 just fine.

Mcbride said:
http://blazeking.com/wood-king.html

Not saying they are for everyone, just that its been an amazing stove for me is all.

And it will heat 2600 feet for me at -40 just fine.

He'll complain about the BTU ratings on it.

This stove has been sitting in the crate in your barn for three years and now if it doesn't get the job done it is our fault? :lol:

I'm coming around to this whole EPA thing but after looking at this for the first time in 3yrs I had real doubts. Now if I do give it a try and it works I'll eat all crow necessary.

I still struggle with mine ( yea I'm stupid but I think the Nashua was that good) so good luck to you.

[/quote]

He'll complain about the BTU ratings on it.[/quote]
I don't take much stock in the ratings. Every heating situation is different. One stove may heat fine for one person and not another based on a myriad of factors. If I find a stove with almost half the size can heat as good for me then I'll gladly say you told me so and be glad for it. Until I started reading this forum I was about ready to sell the Magnolia because I had found another Nashua. Then after learning about the new EPA technology I said to myself, hey wait a minute, maybe I already own what I need. Then when I saw it for the first time in quite awhile I was like, oh that really does look small, looks just like what I bought it for.
I think I'll wait till after the holidays or maybe till the serious heating season is behind me then give it a try. That way if it lacks a little at least I won't be trying it when its really cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.