Hopper switch on a Harman Accentra 52i pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

StoveJobs

Jan 12, 2021
New York
Hello Hearth friends!

So I've scoured the web, this forum, and Googled every variation of this question with no success. I'm trying to find the hopper switch so I can hold it down/bypass it to allow the test cycle to continue to work (feed) while I have the hopper door open.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance!!!

Some Harmans have the switch and some don't. Yours may not have one. My 2015 P43 doesn't have one.
Ron

Reactions: StoveJobs
Ahh OK. Thanks for the reply. I assumed I had one because the auger stops as soon as I open the hopper door.

If you had a switch, you would be able to see it where the lid would push it down when closed. Your stove probably senses vacuum. Picture of the hopper switch on my P61a - that tall rectangular piece sticking up

P61a hopper swithc.jpg

Reactions: StoveJobs
If you had a switch, you would be able to see it where the lid would push it down when closed. Your stove probably senses vacuum. Picture of the hopper switch on my P61a - that tall rectangular piece sticking up

View attachment 310543
Extremely helpful, thank you. I definitely don’t see a switch like that anywhere on or near the lid, so you must be right. Thanks again!