Hot Tub Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawandorder

Hearth Supporter
Mar 17, 2008
upstate new york
I am planning on putting in hot tub this year and wanted to eventually hooking it into my tarm. i want to do the prelim stuff when i install the concrete pad for the hottub. How do i go from the house to the hot tub and what i would assume would be a heat exchanger at the Hot tub?? Or Heat exchanger in the house then to the hot tub?? Just looking to find out what hookups and piping i can do now when i put the pad in to make sure that i can just hook into it pretty easliy when i decide to brin the Tarm online with the hot tub. Thanks for the help as usual you guys are my saving grace

Hi Lawnandorder,

I heat my hot tub with my wood boiler; my heat exchanger is in the basement. I run the heating loop as it's own zone. I used 1 1/4" PVC lines under my deck. I insulated the joist bay that they are in. Looking back I would have used 1" PEX but I didn't know about pex when I did it. My temp prob is in the plumbing and I have a digital controller in the basement to run the call for heat. So my suggestion is run 2 lines for Supply and Return and a third for wiring.

Good luck

any advantages or disadvantages with 1 inch or 1 1/4 pex>? does it depend on the size of the heat exchanger

Status
Not open for further replies.