Hotblast HB1520

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Keep in mind these efficiency ratings are done in house.
Well, technically they are done during the EPA testing, but we have to rely on that being done correctly, and from the sounds of it, "done right" and "testing" don't belong in the same sentence when it comes to the EPA.
And I'm 100% sure that USSC will never release the testing data either, unlike Lamppa MFG did on the VF100.

Well, technically they are done during the EPA testing, but we have to rely on that being done correctly, and from the sounds of it, "done right" and "testing" don't belong in the same sentence when it comes to the EPA.
And I'm 100% sure that USSC will never release the testing data either, unlike Lamppa MFG did on the VF100.
When I said in house…., I meant self certification.

The boiler companies follow the guidelines/rules set by the EPA. And report their findings.

And they have been allowed to get away with it. All while the EPA was willing to deal with us the way they did over the past 8 months. You can’t even make it up.
Sorry to hear about your troubles with the EPA.

Although it doesn’t surprise me.

I know the whole self certification process had a stink about it early on when Central Boilers E-Classic got a top rating from the EPA.

And the true gassers didn’t. But you guys played by the rules and didn’t “cook” the numbers.

My neighbor has an E-Classic and I have a Innova Tarm. Night n day difference in efficiency. And reliability.