Hotter than he double hockey sticks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wg_bent

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Poughkeepsie, NY
Hey folks. Sitting on the Jersey shore at the moment and It's 99. If we could only save this for the winter and harvest it.

I haven't stopped sweating since Sunday.

It been over 100 ° here in the Mid-West the last week or so and i think today is the last of it . Do all that needs to be done in the AM and once the sun goes down . Sucking on A/C and a few cold ones during the day and save the out side stuff for nite . I sit here and think of all the moisture that is getting sucked out of the wood pile with weather like this . The heat dries me out , I'm to be sure the wood pile is doing the same.

Yea its been in the low 100's in the valley (76* at my house right now :) ) Not a drop of humidity, it feels like a sauna.

it has been in the upper 80s here in southern maine, but the dew point has been in the upper 70s and the humidity has been about 80%. Not much wood drying going on out here. I am trying to figure out how to make a wood fired air conditioner. Any Ideas?

I am trying to figure out how to make a wood fired air conditioner. Any Ideas?
if they can make refrigerators run on propane surely a wood powered a/c unit is possible.

"Mosquito Coast" with Harrison Ford.

Close to 100 here in IA.

The a/c in my truck went kerplooey last week and it still isnt fixed.

I tried one of those recharge kits from Walmart but it didn't do the trick.

I'll have to take it to the shop.

If you see a guy that is missing an arm and a leg...that's me.

Wouldn't firewood dry much faster in this heat ? Mine is split and stacked and the temps have been mid 90s for over a week or so here in Tenn..

I really did notice even the split pieces are starting to show little spider web cracks on the ends.

Robbie.

I got the truck a/c fixed at the local shop.
Yup...an arm and a leg!
Now the weather is cool and rainy.
Ahhhh irony. Don't you love it?
I can't wait for cold weather so I can resume singeing my knuckle-hairs properly.
The charcoal grill just isn't the same.

Warren-

Jersey Shore?

Where are you-- Atlantic City?

njtomatoguy said:
Warren-

Jersey Shore?

Back home now. We were in Avalon. It was a really good trip, Kids are BEAT. Lot's of ocean beach trips, fishing, campfires, and the usual.. "Sure would be nice to get a bigger trailer" conversation with the wife.

113 here will a low at night of 90
Max Temperature Min Temperature
Normal 97 °F / 36 °C 67 °F / 19 °C
Record 111 °F / 43 °C (1906) 55 °F / 12 °C (1903)
New Record 6/23/06
Yesterday High 113 °F / 45 °C Low 90 °F / 32 °C
Humidity Low 11% max 40%
Central California

Warren said:
njtomatoguy said:
Warren-

Jersey Shore?

Back home now. We were in Avalon. It was a really good trip, Kids are BEAT. Lot's of ocean beach trips, fishing, campfires, and the usual.. "Sure would be nice to get a bigger trailer" conversation with the wife.

Oh man, I have the trailer bug big time.

What is your suggestions for must have trailer features?

hearthtools said:
113 here will a low at night of 90
Max Temperature Min Temperature
Normal 97 °F / 36 °C 67 °F / 19 °C
Record 111 °F / 43 °C (1906) 55 °F / 12 °C (1903)
New Record 6/23/06
Yesterday High 113 °F / 45 °C Low 90 °F / 32 °C
Humidity Low 11% max 40%
Central California

It's been real hot on the west coast this past week. Seattle has been in the 90's for several days, Portland in the low hundreds. We set a record high overnight temp yesterday. These folks aren't used to the heat and really are wilting. Today is cloudy and cool, first time in a couple weeks. Heads up east coast, this will likely be heading your way.

That heat must be hard on sales. Do you sell anything besides stoves?

We sell and install High end Evaportative coolers. AKA Swamp coolers
Cooling my new store with one keeping the temp to 20deg below OUTSIDE temp and feel great. COST TO RUN? $10-$30 per month.
www.aireze.com

Status
Not open for further replies.