House is built, Alderlea T-6 is installed and keeping my kids comfy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattW

Oct 7, 2012
Fort Langley, BC
So a while back I started a which stove thread here and was encouraged to purchase an Alderlea T6(https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/building-a-new-house-need-a-new-stove-alderlea-t6-maybe.91507/). I had some problems with the seller of the stove and got more great advice here (https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/having-issues-with-installer-what-to-do.111117/). We got past all of that and completed the install and the house and moved in two weeks ago and I really like this stove. Here are a few pictures. I've been very pleased with the stoves ability to heat the whole house, I set up two air intakes for the heating system up in the vault and with those we seem to be able to put the heat everywhere. I also like how much heat I get out of my wood compared to my old Fisher.

My daughter by the stove enjoying her evening snack after her bath

First fire

That's a beautiful setting for the stove. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the stove. It's a nice performer.

The install turned out nice and you have a beautiful home! Congratulations

Fantastic set up and a fantastic stove, you'll be happy and warm for years to come.

Thanks all. I've also been pleased with the burn times on the Alderlea, I'm not building very big fires (not real cold here yet) but I have enough hot coals in the morning to keep it running. One other thing I've noticed is that with the air being moved by the blower on this stove none of the stones in the alcove or the area directly above the stove get even warm to the touch, all the heat is blown out into the room.

Thanks for the pictures!
-Looks like the Antelope is enjoying the fire as well.
-Regarding the "stones", curious to know the vendor, style and color. It looks really great.
The head is actually an Impala which is from the antelope family but not a North American antelope.
I believe the stone is an Owens Corning product but I'll check. I know it's called Bucks County dressed fieldstone.
The hearth itself is natural Micah slate, I had to pick through a couple tons of it to find the thinnest slabs so they went in flush with the hardwood, no toe stubbing for the kids

I checked, it's Bucks County Dressed Fieldstone made by Boral/Owens Corning

That has to be one of the nicest instals I have ever seen, very well done.

I'm not building very big fires (not real cold here yet)

Looks great, I lived just down the road in Walnut Grove on 213st for a couple years. Can you say it ever gets "real cold" out there? Lol. Enjoy the stove, should work excellent.

Reactions: MattW
Looks great, I lived just down the road in Walnut Grove on 213st for a couple years. Can you say it ever gets "real cold" out there? Lol. Enjoy the stove, should work excellent.
No it very rarely is all that cold, Saskatchewan on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.