House is finished! Pics of stove in the finished room

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChandlerR

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 28, 2009
Hampton, NH
It's been a two year project but the end is in sight. The house is 99% done. What's the 1% left? Hooking up the new oil burner in the basement :) The way this stove heats this house, I'm not rushing. I have it connected to a thermostat and have it set so it drops to low fire when satisfied. I know it hasn't been all that cold but it has been in the low 30's at night. I spent a ton of time and money on insulation and windows and the result is a house that has been warm with the stove muttering along on low. I've only burned one and a half bags in 10 days. Here's a couple of pictures of the plain jane stove burning away on low. My treasure chest to the left is my pellet hopper and the box on the right isn't the grandkids toybox, it's the dogs.

Chandler

Attachments

• DSC03612.jpg
    DSC03612.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 638
  • DSC03613.jpg
    DSC03613.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 622
Chandler, the room looks great with the stove installed...enjoy the heat!!

very nice , you picked a great stove as well country side magnums are a heating beast,looking at the pic's i see that you have cleared the windows by a foot keeping with code (looks like 4 inch vent) good to see you did your research and got her installed properly. hats off my friend on a nice clean install. im sure the stove will be a staple gathering point for the family. a wise man once said "the hearth is the warm heart of a home". enjoy my friend

CWR,

Very nice job both with the room and the install.

Anyone who has a toy box for their dogs ( FULL of toys) AND a pellet stove are GOOD people.

I like the old style fire extinguisher by the stove, nice touch.

The only thing I have trouble comprehending is how you reached 99% completion in two short years. Built my house 39 years ago and it often seemed like I would NEVER reach 100% completion. Always an upgrade or something . . . . :)

Enjoy your stove ( and of course your dogs)!!

Ranger

Hey wait a minute here!

New house = PARTY right?

When you want us all to show up?? hehe. :cheese:

Looks great, you will stay warm and fuzzy with that puppy!

CWR said:
I've only burned one and a half bags in 10 days.
Chandler

Wow! I go thru about a bag a day and I am only about 30-40 miles away from you. My house is rather large and I have 2 very drafty slider doors and a draft front door thats really old and the 20+ windows in the house all need replacing. I'm hoping to replace the slider doors next spring or summer.

I'm still using basic pellets. I've only got as high as 183 degrees for the air temp coming out of the blower. I'm hoping I'll get more heat out of the premium pellets for my next ton (looking at okies or dragon mountain or possiblty spruce pointe).

Nice install and great use of insulation vs pellet usage. I used a bag a day in New Durham over the past weekend when it was colder than normal for October. At least it was warmer in the house than when I ran the oil furnace. :) The stove has been off since Monday morning and I notice the difference in heat at night, just not enough to fire up again.

I can count on more pellet usage due to basement install. Basement insulation is in the near future. Good job on your whole project, it sounds like it will pay off !!!!

Thanks for all the compliments guys! Mike, I appreciate your post. I did do my research even before I bought my first 2x6. Remember, when all the planning was going on, fuel oil was $4 a gallon and no one had any pellet stoves. I called around within a 200 mile radius and no one had any stoves. Finally a flyer from Home Depot came in the mail advertising pellet stoves. They even had no interest for one year. Little did I know that buying the stove was the easy part. Trying to find pellets was a nightmare! I lucked out, thanks to you guys, and found my Lignetics on Craigslist. A guy ordered a stove and bought his pellets then the stove never came until Spring. He cancelled the order and sold the pellets. Lucky me!

Ranger, of course you're right. I will never be "done" with this house. LOL! It's over 200 years old and is alway needing something but I'm 99% done with my redo.

This project has been huge. The house has been rental property for the 13 years I've owned it. I gutted the first floor, added my family room, redid the wiring to code, new plumbing, insulation, windows, siding, and cleared a couple hundred trees from the lot and planted grass. Then for the dogs, I fenced the front and side yard. I have two two year old goldens, Luke and Lily. Luke is a Therapy dog and Lily will be shortly. They, thankfully, are so laid back so life is good! Here are two more pictures. One of the house, one of the dogs.

Chandler

Attachments

• 90 degrees on April 28th...at the Reservation 039.jpg
    90 degrees on April 28th...at the Reservation 039.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 354
  • 8-20-09 yard almost done 010 (Small).jpg
    8-20-09 yard almost done 010 (Small).jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 360
I like the way you guys up north case the windows with white casing...a style we dont see in the south but it looks good.

Thanks Clay! What do you guys case the windows with?

Chandler

CWR said:
Thanks Clay! What do you guys case the windows with?

Chandler
Here they just wrap the sheet rock around up to the window and use like an oak window sill with a piece of oak casing across under the sill on the wall.

Hey, that looks great too. Because this is such an old house, I tried to keep the new windows trimmed out like the old ones. I am not skilled enough to make sills but I only have four windows in the addition so it's good enough :)

Chandler

Nice pics Chandler. I can see 5000 installs and never get bored seeing all the pics. Nice install.... and dogs too....goldens are awesome dogs.

I bought my snowblower down your way! lol At Philbricks...

Happy Heating!

MainePellethead said:
Nice pics Chandler. I can see 5000 installs and never get bored seeing all the pics. Nice install.... and dogs too....goldens are awesome dogs.

I bought my snowblower down your way! lol At Philbricks...

Happy Heating!

Thanks for the compliment! Philbricks sold out...which amazed me...but the company that bought them seems to have kept all the brands they sold.

Chandler

Status
Not open for further replies.