How’s my flue look?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mike033089

Jan 28, 2024
Nj
Second post here and only been burning wood 5 years. The stove came with our home. I ran a wire brush down the chimney a dozen time and one of those drill soot eater type of brushes from the inside up and the roof down. The first picture is where my stove pipe enters my clay flue through the chimney which is located center of the house. The second is the roof down. Wood stove is about 15’ down from the roof. Clean out is in basement about 12’ below wood stove. I’m wondering how my flue looks? It doesn’t get any cleaner than this. The house was built In 1987. I don’t know how the previous owners kept up with cleanings. But I sweep it every 6 weeks or so as I’m super paranoid. Thanks all.

IMG_1399.jpeg IMG_1402.jpeg

Looks very clean.

I was skeptical due to some of that stuff that looked flaked on the side very thin but won’t come off. If I reach down with a screw driver I can scratch it off but that obviously won’t work where I can’t reach.

Last edited: