How are the Lange Stove Air Vents Assembled?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Malloy1

Sep 26, 2022
Hartsel, CO
Hello-

I just purchased a red Lange 6303 (the one that has both the top and back pipe vent) for our cabin.

Question: how are the air vents assembled? Mine only had one nut and one acorn nut on the bolt (bolt[21]->nut[4?]->door[24]->air vent[26]->acorn nut[27]). This configuration doesn't allow the air vent to open.

The numbers are from the the exploded diagram (below-for the 6203 model, but I assume the air vent assembly configuration is the same as the 6303). Also, I assume #4, #22 and #25 are nuts?

Looking at the exploded diagram (below). Looks like the correct configuration (bolt[21]->nut[22]->nut[4]->nut[4]->door[24]->nut[25]->air vent[26]->acorn nut[27]). Seems to be too many nuts. I see the two #4 nuts would act as lock nuts on one side of the door and the #25 nut would lock down the bolt to the door. The air vent would be adjusted on the extended portion of the bolt and the acorn nut. Not sure why #22 nut would be needed?

Appreciation any help on this.

Paul

Stove Exp View large.jpg