How bendy is flex liner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Blich235

Nov 3, 2023
Youngstown ohio
Im about 2 1/4 inches from coming straight into my insert and i have about 17" from the flue damper opening to the top of my insert to complete a 2" 1/4 offset. If i were to hand bend to 15 degree bends roughly 8 1/2 inches apart it could work but id probably have to bend it before it goes down the chimney. The terra cotta tiles are just about 11 inches i.d. Or can it be wrestled in the firebox to get 2 inches? Am i talking crazy? Or should i just order a 15 degree fitting and call it good.

The angled appliance adapters are the best solution two beds in 17” sounds difficult. 2” offset over 17” to a 15 degree adapter not an issue.