How clean does your glass stay with the air wash system?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gambler13

Jul 13, 2010
pa
I have a Harman P43 and the glass gets the light brown residue on it after use of about 8 hrs. run time. Does your unit with the air wash system do any better or is this about the best I can expect? Doesn't often get the dark brown to black residue but that could be because my wife doesn't like the residue accumulation and shuts it down to clean the glass almost every day. Currently using Stove Chow pellets but will be switching to Lignetics in about a week.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Sounds about normal. Mine stays clean in the center for weeks but the sides start collecting ash in just a few hours. I first thought it may have been from a bad glass gasket so I tightened the glass down a little, then 2 days later I needed new glass.o_O

Sounds about normal. Mine stays clean in the center for weeks but the sides start collecting ash in just a few hours. I first thought it may have been from a bad glass gasket so I tightened the glass down a little, then 2 days later I needed new glass.o_O

what happened?

I have a Harman P43 and the glass gets the light brown residue on it after use of about 8 hrs. run time. Does your unit with the air wash system do any better or is this about the best I can expect? Doesn't often get the dark brown to black residue but that could be because my wife doesn't like the residue accumulation and shuts it down to clean the glass almost every day. Currently using Stove Chow pellets but will be switching to Lignetics in about a week.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Tell wife no need to shut down to clean glass. Use a DRY paper towel wipe glass good to go.
Happy Holidays to you:)

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Tell wife no need to shut down to clean glass. Use a DRY paper towel wipe glass good to go.
Happy Holidays to you:)

I've got a P-43 also and am burning Contry Boy and Sommerset pellets. My glass gets dirty at the 2:00 oclock position, about the size of a tennis ball. other than that, the rest of the glass stays fairly clean for days.

I don't have a Harman, but on my stove the only thing the airwash is good for is lowering the convection temps by about forty degrees!! Hence the rope gasket plugging the entire gap.

what happened?

I snugged the holding clips down on cold glass and when it got hot it must have expanded enough to crack the glass. I have since learned to live with a little dirt on the sides.;lol

I find that when I have my heat setting on "2" (medium low) or 1 that the glass gets dirty quickly and covers quite a bit of the glass. When I turn the heat up to 3 or higher, which is not tha often, the glass stays cleaner and even burns off some of the collected ash from the lower setting

Status
Not open for further replies.