How do Identify Fisher wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loneranger73

Nov 14, 2016
lancaster
fisher.jpg
Can anyone tell me if this is a Fisher and what model it may be it does say fisher on the door but I have only seen this picture of it. can anybody help.

Moved you to the right section for Fisher stoves ... coaly should be along

The first post in the Everything Fisher thread identifies the Fisher Stove models found in the US and Canada; https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/everything-fisher.48309/

Search Honey Bear in this Forum for more info.

They were first made in the pedestal style only with intakes above and below double door glass. They were later Mobile Home Certified with removable pedestal (called convertible - which I believe yours is) and some fabricators made them with the single door which you have. There is a manual for it in the sticky section at top.
To identify, the ash fender is more like a tray without the channel iron edge trim. They also have the 2 holes in the corners of ash fender. They have the shield with curl at the top, (blowers are still available that mount at the bottom of shield to blow up the back and out across the top) and it should have a UL tag on the rear or side stating the make, model, mfg. date and fabricator.
Use ONLY metal polish for precious metals such as gold, silver, nickel or brass on the door.

Welcome to the Forum and let me know if you want to sell it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.