How do you adjust hinges on a VC Encore?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I noticed that I can pull through a dollar bill on the sides of the doors, between top & bottom door hinge. I loosen the two screws & the door becomes loose, but as I tighten it back the door goes back to the same position!!!

Any tricks?
Thanks

Diabel, maybe a stupid question but have you adjusted the door latch to pull doors shut tighter

I also remember a thread on here about a vc rep hitting door with a rubber mallet to get a better seal and it worked.

CTBurner said:
Diabel, maybe a stupid question but have you adjusted the door latch to pull doors shut tighter

Yeah, I did adjust the door latch, thanks!

It is weird, I replaced the door gaskets recently & I tested both sides (perfect seal) & just by accident I did the test today & I can pull the bill on both sides ....only between the hinges. I am becoming a bit impatient with this stove...

Status
Not open for further replies.