How do you take door handle off - 1996 Spectrum Classic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mswalleye

Aug 24, 2021
Canada
Can someone tell me how these handles come off? I have an inkling but don't really want to bang on anything and make things worse. Is there a way of adding washers to this to make it last a bit longer? Thanks

Stove Handle.jpg Stove Handle2.jpg

I happened to find a posting on this site and it showed the handle. It is threaded in the area that goes through the door and the hex shaped nut on inside unscrews. Got it off .. hoping a few washers can take up some slack.:)

Be careful not to adjust the door too tight, as is causes wear on the cast surface of the door that the latch swivels against, causing it to become looser over time.