How long can I run the Prep Solution 102 before draining.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugar

Oct 12, 2008
East central KS
New boiler, the rest of the system is old. It's cold and I want heat. Is it ok to leave the solution in the system for a while. Furthermore how imparitave is it that I put the solution 101 in the system after I drain the 102. I figure I'm going to open the system up a couple of times before next spring making improvements. Don't want to lose the stuff or have to buy more if not necesary.

I asked Dave at Cozy Heat this exact question two weeks ago. His response was to the effect that "the 102 is quite agressive" and that you don't want it in your system for a very long time. Once you have one or two heating cycyles on your setup I think you want to get it outta there and get the 101 in while you're refilling it...

If you ever have to buy more I'd suggest checking out Qualichem. They have a granular boiler treatment that is very cheap and very easy to work with...

Status
Not open for further replies.