How long do inserts last?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sgrmagnolia

Mar 6, 2023
Rhode Island
Looking for any information out there on how long your Regency stoves have lasted before replacement. Wood burning inserts to be specific. I know that a general Google search says 10-15 maybe 20 years for a wood burning insert, but what have the real owners of these stoves actually seen?

I have a Hampton HI300 installed 18 years ago that has developed cracked welds. I wonder how much of this was to be expected due to age or if it was abused.
Recently widowed, I have continued operating the stove in the same manner that I thought that my late Husband had and I now question whether it's been pushed too hard. I'm beating myself up that I may have caused it's early demise so I'm wanting to know....how long have these units really lasted for people?

It was run consistently as the primary source of heat from November to March-April each year. I discovered the cracked welds this morning. I became suspicious that there was a problem and did as thorough an inspection as I could after taking notice recently that the fires seemed to be burning hotter than usual.

Looking for any information out there on how long your Regency stoves have lasted before replacement. Wood burning inserts to be specific. I know that a general Google search says 10-15 maybe 20 years for a wood burning insert, but what have the real owners of these stoves actually seen?

I have a Hampton HI300 installed 18 years ago that has developed cracked welds. I wonder how much of this was to be expected due to age or if it was abused.
Recently widowed, I have continued operating the stove in the same manner that I thought that my late Husband had and I now question whether it's been pushed too hard. I'm beating myself up that I may have caused it's early demise so I'm wanting to know....how long have these units really lasted for people?

It was run consistently as the primary source of heat from November to March-April each year. I discovered the cracked welds this morning. I became suspicious that there was a problem and did as thorough an inspection as I could after taking notice recently that the fires seemed to be burning hotter than usual.
Are you the original owner and do you have the receipt? If so firebox cracks are covered by regencies lifetime warranty.