How Low Can I Go Englander 25-PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rneal55555

Nov 29, 2014
Milton, NH
OK I have a been burning this stove for a few weeks now in a 1450 SQ Ft Ranch Style Log Cabin Home.

I'm venting it into the Masonry Chimney the Wood Stove used and no outside Air.

I'm trying to get the stove to burn a lower even running it it on 1 and 1 it eventually heats living room it's in to about 85 and the far ends of the house to around 75 when the outside temp is mid 20's F.

So the question is how low can I go with the I've been trying 2-4-1 and really don't see a whole lot of difference. I'm in mode D. The prior owner had the opposite problem more House than stove so he burned it on high all the time and had open up the plate in the hopper to full. I have closed the down the the minimum and I have plugged the two holes under the burn plate.

I guess I could try 1-1-1 but that just seems too low.

Just looking for Suggestions.

I used 1-2-1 when i had mine in my office. But it still was a lil to warm in the shoulder season or a nice sunny winter day.