How many chimneys do you have?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trailrated

Feeling the Heat
Dec 8, 2009
Maryland
I have two, One for my Englander in the garage and one for my oil burner. Now I want to add a wood furnace or a stove in the family room. SO that will make three damn chimneys coming out of the roof. It'll look like some kind of power plant

trailrated said:
I have two, One for my Englander in the garage and one for my oil burner. Now I want to add a wood furnace or a stove in the family room. SO that will make three damn chimneys coming out of the roof. It'll look like some kind of power plant

I have three.

I also have an oil furnace, but it is a high efficiency furnace that does not require a chimney styled exhaust.

2, but since I had the oil furnace removed the old one's coming out. It's pulling itself down right now.

3 total
Hearth 1- 24/7
Hearth 2- offline
Oil furnace- On stand-by

Two chimneys, two flues each.

Flues:
1: oil furnace
2: wood stoves, Napoleon 1401, Avalon Arbor free standing.
1: formerly gas insert, preparing for new Hampton HI300 Insert

Two "two-holers". One for the house (oil-fired boiler and Fireview), one for the barn (oil-fired furnace and the Classic).

6 chimneys 3 are in main house 2 are greenhouses and the last is outdoor kitchen.

Four and a seasonal fifth. One for the oil burner furnace that rarely comes on anymore 2 metal chimneys for wood stoves, one for the blacksmithing forge in my workshop and a pipe that I put up for the maple evaporator every spring. Getting to be that time of the year now, come to think of it. Used to have one for a small greenhouse but I gave that one away last week.

I pushed a block one over last fall (kind of scary) when we started a construction project that from hind site I'm surprised didn't fall over on it's own. It wasn't tied into the house at all and didn't really have a footer. It's the kind of thing that makes you think maybe building codes aren't a bad thing after all.

I have 4 and all are ceramic lined and about 40 ft tall. I have a slate roof so everything has to be done from the bottom up.

Status
Not open for further replies.