how much wood can a long bed truck carry???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ncmallard78

Oct 8, 2007
NC
i was told, almost a cord. others have told me half a cord. it is a 1995 long bed chevy. thanks!

its not my truck. i bought some wood from some guy at 85 bucks for a long bed load. i was trying to figure out if it was half a cord, or more.

I have a long bed F250, I can load about a half coard of split wood, stacked neatly, even wit hthe rails ono the outside and a bit higher in the middle.

Face cord or traditional cord?

I don't think a long bed will hold a cord by either definition though. I have a 6.5' bed and have had it loaded down so I cannot see out the back window and the rear bumper was riding very low - just about half a cord. I doubt you could get a full cord. That said, $85 for a long bed load is not a bad deal. Pack as efficiently as possible and load it down.

Brought home 3 loads in and F150 8' bed and it totaled 1.5 cords, so .5 per load is about right. Wasnt stacked too much over the rails but just thrown in and it was rounds.

yeah, i was just wanted to make sure i didnt get hosed. more importantly, the wood looked to be well aged.

Status
Not open for further replies.