How much wood have you burnt so far?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
Ive used about 1 1/2 cords of silver maple (temps well below normal last 2 weeks)

About 1/6 cord of mostly pine and fir. It's been warmer here, and not burning every day.

About 1/4 cord so far. I alternate between the stove and the oil furnace.
I've burned about a cord out in the garage, but I don't count that.

About a cord... mostly pine but started to hit the hardwood stash cause it's been getting chilly as of late.

I started burning in mid October, mostly morning fires. This past week it's been burning 24/7. The days have been in the low thirty's, nights in the twenty's. I burned a 1/3 of a cord to date. Mostly red oak, a little maple and poplar.

I've used about a cord of elm since the middle of October,some of it is quite punky so been burning it during the day and using my better stuff at night.I'm saving my 2 cord of Black Locust and White Oak for really cold weather.

About 1/4 to at most 1/2 a cord. Started back with just pine for ocational fires in Oct. Began to suppliment in some oak the begining of this month, and since the last cold snap started a week or so ago, we're into 100% oak with morning and evening fires.

Cord to a cord and a half. Hard to measure since my wife keeps moving bits and peices and I cna't keep up...but damned if I'll tell her to stop it.

About 1/2 cord of mostly Cherry and some Hemlock. Started in early October. We have had some nights in the single digit's this past week. Stove is now going 24/7.

Same boat as Smokinj below average temps I have burned about 1/2 cord so far.

I've been burning 24/7 since September and have used about 1 1/4th cord--all softwoods, that's all we've got here. (Our rainy season begins in the fall and it's quite chilly and damp.) It's starting to get much colder and I'm noticing that I'm burning a bit more. The past several mornings I've started using the blower on the stove, too. I've still got a good bed of coals in the morning, but the house temps are hovering at 68 vice 71 because the outside temps are going down to the low teens. I'm still impressed with the efficiency of the EPA stove.

Are these full cords (4x4x8) or face cords.. ?
dunno.gif

NitroDave said:
Are these full cords (4x4x8) or face cords.. ?
dunno.gif
thats a cord

A cord is always 128 CF. Any other portion of a cord must be specified.

Oh, and I'm down just over 1/2 a cord so far. 2YO Alder and fir.

I've done about a cord. 75% junk but I got into the real stuff when the high temp was below freezing for the last couple weeks. Man its been cold.

Half cord of Pine, Silver Maple, Oak, and starting to dip into my Black Locust. Right on course with last year.

Dill said:
I've done about a cord. 75% junk but I got into the real stuff when the high temp was below freezing for the last couple weeks. Man its been cold.

Ditto here

Too much, about a cord of white oak and black cherry with a bit of maple thrown in. I hate to see how the rest of the cold months might be.

Will get my wood shed finished before it snows bad, and get started on next years. :roll:

Shipper

About half a cord of Black Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.