How much wood is in this truck?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smokinjay said:
lol if you think that truck is not hualing 3 cords you havent cut much wood grab your saws and fille-r-up lol that a very tall order!

+1.
well said.

This dump will hold 14 yards top of metal side and 16 to top of wood plank, water level. That aside it always depends on if your buying or selling doesn't it ? 3 cords is a lot of wood.....
Rob

Attachments

• IMG_2386.jpg
    IMG_2386.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 407
My truck has a 14' long by 7'6" wide by 5' tall bed. It is single axle and hauls 34,000 lbs legally. It will hold 3 cords water level of cut and split 16" wood. My truck will also hold 20 cu. yards of a lighter material like mulch if mounded. It looks like there is maybe 2-1/3 cords on that truck. See my truck at www.nwfuel.com
Also, if the truck in question has a tower up front for the hoist it will take away 1/6th cord. Most likely has a scissor lift though.

Thomas

mtarbert said:
A few years ago I was forced to buy firewood. So....I call a Firewood seller and order three cord. The guy comes on time with a truck loaded with splits...dumps it and says he will be back in a half hour.......well 30 min later while I am stacking the first load he comes pulling up with another load. He and Junior jump out of his truck and commence to help me stack Before This gets too long ....I ordered three cords and got 3 1/2 .Fair is fair I payed him for the 1/2 cord extra (actually he handed the money to (Junior") And we all enjoyed a couple of RCs ad some Moon Pies. If you are going to howl about a short load.....be willing to pay if it is extra.....Mike

Agreed Mike. I would pay the guy extra just for the help stacking. It takes a while to stack 3 cords. No one that has delivered wood to me has ever offered to help stack it.

mainstation said:
smokinjay said:
lol if you think that truck is not hualing 3 cords you havent cut much wood grab your saws and fille-r-up lol that a very tall order!

+1.
well said.

I agree as well.

There is a crap load of wood in that truck. I'd not question 3 cords.

mtarbert said:
A few years ago I was forced to buy firewood. So....I call a Firewood seller and order three cord. The guy comes on time with a truck loaded with splits...dumps it and says he will be back in a half hour.......well 30 min later while I am stacking the first load he comes pulling up with another load. He and Junior jump out of his truck and commence to help me stack Before This gets too long ....I ordered three cords and got 3 1/2 .Fair is fair I payed him for the 1/2 cord extra (actually he handed the money to (Junior") And we all enjoyed a couple of RCs ad some Moon Pies. If you are going to howl about a short load.....be willing to pay if it is extra.....Mike

Wow . . . lots of customer service lessons here.

* Delivering what one promises . . . and going the extra yard by making sure the customer gets what he pays for . . . and more.

* Keeping one's promise in terms of time . . . realizing that time is as an important commodity as money and telling the person when they will be back . . . and doing just that in case the customer has plans.

* Showing true grit . . . jumping in to provide that special and unexpected measure of service by helping stack the wood . . . at this point I'm pretty sure this person would have my business for the rest of my life.

* Teaching the younger generation the value in hard work . . . by giving the extra money to the son rather than keeping it.

And let's not forget the lesson from the customer (i.e. you) . . . namely doing the right and honorable thing and paying for the extra wood. Kudos to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.