how much wood would this be

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if he's talking volume, 50 (cubic) yards would be somewhere around 10 cords. Lot of wood. Can you go take a look at it before committing? Rick

yikes. first the logs dumped in the yard, the lady would love that, then firewood circling the property, she'll love that too. Maybe a little too much for me at one time.

It's kind of a crap shoot without seeing it...his yards and my yards might not be the same yards. It's an unusual metric for wood (but not for mulch). Worth a look, I'd say, but the way he describes it sounds like a boatload of wood, fer sure.

This is a 50 cubic yard dump trailer......

download.jpg

The way I take that is he has a 50 yard(or 5-10 yard) dump trailers full.

Yup, he is most likely talking about a 50 yard dump trailer. The amount delivered in a trailer like that will most likely vary quite a bit. I have loaded trailers like this, sometimes you are loading what it on site and sending the truck away and sometimes you are trying to stuff as much as you can because there is a large volume to get rid of. I'm guessing at minimum you would get 5 cords. Take notice how he advertises 50 yards of logs and 50 yards of wood chips. I would believe the wood chips part, those trailers get loaded to the brim most times. With 50 solid cubic yards of logs I would think the trailer would be over weight.

Reactions: fossil
Status
Not open for further replies.