How to attach liner to insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dp16

Oct 24, 2016
N MI
Does anyone have any suggestions or know of an adapter to attach this stove to a chimney liner? I am looking at having a liner put in the chimney, but don't know how or if it is possible to attach the insert to the pipe. The only opening on the stove is on the top where the damper slides in/out. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 01515_eSZxjuODFq4_600x450.jpg
    01515_eSZxjuODFq4_600x450.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Use search keyword "insert boot". Or search for "rectangular insert boot".
You will have to notch it for damper rod, normally drill and tap top for machine screws or use self taping screws to attach.
Looks like this; (Simpson)

View attachment 186579
Some info here;
http://chimneylinerdepot.com/fireplaces-stoves/insert-boot-adapter/

Thank you. I will check that out. Will I also have to cut a notch for the plate since the entire plate slides backwards with the damper rod.

Depends on how you mount it and the size of the boot. If it sits over the entire opening and rails, yes. I would make 2 short cuts and bend it up so it's double with a good edge over the sliding plate. If you put thick enough gasket material under it, no. Any leak will allow cooler air into the flue, cooling it and reducing draft, so seal the face plate to hearth front.

Status
Not open for further replies.