How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
How is she gonna do that inside the house?
I dont know. Wheel it outside? They are a pain if you cant get to the end of the exhaust, Im just saying that is what needs done

I can't possibly be the only person who has a Auburn hooked up to vertical chimney pipe. And what the heck do folks who have inserts do?

I dont know. Wheel it outside? They are a pain if you cant get to the end of the exhaust, Im just saying that is what needs done

Rick how about using a 25' piece of dryer vent to conduct the exhaust from the leaf blower out a window . RXwoman would still have to decouple the stove and perhaps twist it a bit to get the leaf blower hooked directly to the stove exhaust. It probably be a lot easier than hand carting the stove back outdoors.

Hugh

SciGuy, thank you. That's just what I was planning to attempt.
Menards for me again tomorrow.
I really hope something significant blows out after all this.

SciGuy, thank you. That's just what I was planning to attempt.
Menards for me again tomorrow.
I really hope something significant blows out after all this.

This may well be one of the very few times in your life where you really want to see a metric chit ton of debris come flowing out of something you own;) Good luck!

Hugh

This may well be one of the very few times in your life where you really want to see a metric chit ton of debris come flowing out of something you own;) Good luck!

Hugh
I hear that!! Good call on the dryer duct! I was thinking the same thing or a length of pvc pipe if a window was near by.

Not a bad idea if your cleanout is inside.

Sounds like a great idea. just be sure to secure the hose very good. If it blows off the could be a mess!

Reactions: SciGuy
Sounds like a great idea. just be sure to secure the hose very good. If it blows off the could be a mess!
Rick, hopefully, it's suck, not blow so the chance of it coming off are pretty slim.

Leaf blower would have to be on the stove and dryer duct out the door or window. Or the dryer duct would collapse from the vacuum.

Reactions: SidecarFlip
Leaf blower would have to be on the stove and dryer duct out the door or window. Or the dryer duct would collapse from the vacuum.
Never considered that aspect. It would depend on the inches of vacuum pulled (by the leaf blower) however. The other way around has the potential to be on heck of a mess, I'm sure glad I have my cleanout Tee on the outside of the house, I would never put it inside just for the cleaning issue. Soot and fly ash is NASTY any way you call it. Bad enough I get the deck grungy, but it does wash off. It don't wash off furniture and painted walls easily....... ()

A rigorous outdoor "test run" of the leaf blower to dryer attachment would certainly be warranted before coming indoors and attaching to the stove. A failure at that connection while evacuating a dirty stove would be a huge "oh chit" momment.

Reactions: Ssyko
....As well as a most certain eviction from the house by a very irate spouse. Soot is a real bugger to get off walls. be calling in 'Serve-Pro' for remediation, you know, their saying.... 'Like it never happened'...lol

I would, as a matter of protection, remove the vacuum hose from the vacuum switch(s) inside the stove. The diaphragms won't take a lot of pressure or excessive vacuum and can rupture. I do that with mine when I do the leaf blower thing on the outside clean out Tee, just in case.

Well, tried it 3 times. Even set the end of the hose in the snow outside so I could see what came out.
Nothing.
Ugh. So it's not clogged.

Attachments

• How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner
    IMG_20201221_142250346.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 105
  • How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner
    IMG_20201221_142308008.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 105
So, while the stove was not hooked up to the stove pipe I wired the vacuum switch back together and hit the power button.
Same thing, exhaust fan runs for 15 seconds, then shuts down and #2 light starts blinking.
:(

Sounds like you could have a bad vac switch. But without the vac guage you can’t determine that. So once you can verify that all is clean and breathing correctly you rule that out plugged stove. I only replace maybe 1 vac switch a year. Typically the issue is plugged stove or venting. I am just trying to give advice on what I typically find with your stove with the symptoms you explained

Sounds like you could have a bad vac switch. But without the vac guage you can’t determine that. So once you can verify that all is clean and breathing correctly you rule that out plugged stove. I only replace maybe 1 vac switch a year. Typically the issue is plugged stove or venting. I am just trying to give advice on what I typically find with your stove with the symptoms you explained
Another bad vacuum switch? I just hooked a new one up and the stove still wasn't running right. This one is bad too?
And I thought my oil stove was a nightmare.

You got a new vac switch?

Ok yes it is a possibility it is bad also, without a multimeter it is hard to say. Your sure your stove pipe is clear all the way out? Put the leaf blower end on the connection and blow it out for a few min.

Ok yes it is a possibility it is bad also, without a multimeter it is hard to say. Your sure your stove pipe is clear all the way out? Put the leaf blower end on the connection and blow it out for a few min.
That's what I did the first 3 times, but I did it again. Nothing but barely visible dusting. If I blow this damn stove anymore I'm going to find it in my room smoking a cigarette.

lmaoooo...ok i understand your frustration, lets try and take all the safeties out of the equation and jump the vac switch and the low limit switch, with no pellets to see if the stove will show life longer than 10 min.

lmaoooo...ok i understand your frustration, lets try and take all the safeties out of the equation and jump the vac switch and the low limit switch, with no pellets to see if the stove will show life longer than 10 min.
Which one is the low limit switch? The one on the side of the exhaust fan?