"How to buy pellets"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is 4 1/2 tons in my finished family room downstairs. The large pile in the back is 4 tons. I could easily put another 2 tons on top of that plus 2 additional 1 1/2 ton stacks infront of those.

View attachment 129397

Are you sure that is 4 tons in the back stack? Because this pic is only 140 bags. and it looks a lot bigger than what is in the picture.

20140117_113824.jpg

If you are going to buy from Lowes, I would suggest you go to EBAY and buy a Lowes coupon for 10% off, you will save some money if you get 3 tons or more. At least it will pay for your shipping. They also do price match so if HD sells it cheaper you will get the HD price.
I do not know if all stores do this but ones around me, if they do a price match there is also a 10% off the matched price. Sometimes you do not get it automatically you have to ask for the additional 10% off.

I love my pine pellets - they often produce more BTUs and less ash than the hardwoods. They smell great

Same here. My stove does some of its best work with pine pellets. And there's nothing like the smell of fresh cut pine when you open the bag...

We are in our 2nd full burning season{3 tons thus far currently this season} and there are many good comments here...Each stove burns pellets differently......When we first started burning,we heard raves about Somersets....We found a place 70 miles r/t from us that carries them.....We found that in our stove they were very ashy and burned fast .....Best burning for our stove has been Lignetics green letter label from Agway...209 a ton......no delivery but only 5 miles from home...........We just picked up our 1st ton from them last week to start replenishing the "stash"...Mailing lists is a good idea......Greene Team pellets burn well for us,also,although not quite as good as the Liggies...Here is the link to their "shipment tracker" - http://www.greeneteampellets.com/#!product-availability-notification-emails/ck6p Happy burning to you !!

Status
Not open for further replies.