How to choose a religion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If people spent more time listening to God, whatever their religion, and talking to God rather than lecturing folks on their religion, this world would not be so uuck fped.

+1 Seasoned Oak. Also, most have an overwhelming cultural component.

Ehouse

potter said:
Singed Eyebrows said:
Seasoned Oak said:
The interesting thing about religion is each one has to believe that theirs is right and all or most of the other ones are wrong. They all cant be right, but it is entirely possible that they all can be wrong.
Don't get me started Randy lol, Randy
Me either, have kept my mouth shut so far. I will point out the path to atheism is the shortest and most direct on the chart. :coolgrin:
Yeah, everybody seemed so happy I didn't want to screw up the thread, lol, Randy

potter said:
I will point out the path to atheism is the shortest and most direct on the chart. :coolgrin:

Right there with Scientology. L. Ron would be proud.

what about people who worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster? :p

BeGreen said:
potter said:
I will point out the path to atheism is the shortest and most direct on the chart. :coolgrin:

Right there with Scientology. L. Ron would be proud.
Fair cop, though the scientology one should have had an additional box about being spoiled and famous and jumping up and down on couches......
looking back it did say the rich and insane thing, thereby making the Cruise point.

Mt Ski Bum said:

As you may know, Christianity, in its singlemindedness, cleverly skirts around the "multiple gods" question by allowing for different names for their one god. So they would say that Flying Spaghetti Monster is really just a pseudonym for Jahweh, the one true god, jealous beyond all others to the point that he denies their existence.

Additionally, religious scholars acknowledge that the very concept of a Flying Spaghetti Monster is problematical. Anyone who eats that much spaghetti is unlikely to ever be able to become airborne. :lol:

precaud said:
Additionally, religious scholars acknowledge that the very concept of a Flying Spaghetti Monster is problematical. Anyone who eats that much spaghetti is unlikely to ever be able to become airborne. :lol:

De Georgio: Illegal entry, no warrant.
Callahan: Looks like we climb.
De Georgio: Uh-uh. Too much linguine. I'll find another way.

Mt Ski Bum said:
I think they meet at the Olive Garden every wed. A religion I could really sink my teeth into, Randy

Pastafararians unite! Or is that untie?

One of my all time favorite experiences with Jesus freaks was this guy I used to work with. He was always spouting scripture and telling people they were going to be thrown into the lake of fire. Meanwhile, he was one of the laziest, rottenest human beings on the face of the earth. Anyway, he had Jesus saves stickers all over his lunch box. One of the guys ate his lunch and left a note that said "why didn't Jesus save you any?"

Status
Not open for further replies.