How to extend an insert for more functionalities

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jan 19, 2022
Pea Ridge, Arkansas
Greetings.

I am new to this forum. I have been lurking for a while but decided to contribute.

I have a KUMA Cascade LE Insert (new since April 2021) and still learning how to optimize everything.

One thing that I was not happy with a stove insert was how small the "lip" (don't know how to call it) was. So... I found a specialized metal wholesale distributor (Wheeler Metals) and purchased a thick metal plate that I tied/locked down to my stove. Now, with this extension, I can add a kettle to boil water, a pot to cook, etc.

I share with all peeps who feel like their INSERTS are not allowing full functionalities.

How this will help someone.

Note: You will see me asking many silly questions as I learn how to master my wood stove experiences.

From the Ozarks, best :)

Kuma Stove with Addition.jpg

Don't hurt yourself

Have you got any temperature readings on that yet? I can't imagine that it would get hot enough to boil water but am curious.

Reactions: wjohn