How to heat cure paint on stove legs ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Birkie

Dec 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I found a 1993-95? Lopi Endeavor and have been sanding the light rust off with steel wool for several days now. Today I had the fun part of painting the heat shields front and back, stove box, door and legs. It looks good, but I am wondering how you heat cure the legs, and maybe even the heat shields? I don't think they will get hot enough to "cure". The Stove Bright manual says cross-linking occurs at 400-450 degrees and air dry resin burns away at 600 degrees.

Thoughts?

Don't worry about it. If the area doesn't get hot enough it won't outgas.

I found a 1993-95? Lopi Endeavor and have been sanding the light rust off with steel wool for several days now. Today I had the fun part of painting the heat shields front and back, stove box, door and legs. It looks good, but I am wondering how you heat cure the legs, and maybe even the heat shields? I don't think they will get hot enough to "cure". The Stove Bright manual says cross-linking occurs at 400-450 degrees and air dry resin burns away at 600 degrees.

Thoughts?
A heat gun?

I have painted many many stoves and never worried about it never had an issue either