Gaz45 Posted By Gaz45, Nov 2, 2016 at 10:06 PM

1. Gaz45

Gaz45
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 31, 2015
    Loc:
    Moonbeam Ontario Canada
    I have to replace the igniter on my ECO 65. How do we connect the wires from the back of the burn chamber down the combustion air compartment to the wires from the new igniter?

2. Lake Girl

Lake Girl
    Moderator 2.
    NULL

Nov 12, 2011
    Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Not much info in the manual. Do you mean the actual connectors or the routing? Should be able to figure that out while removing the old ignitor.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gaz45

Gaz45
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 31, 2015
    Loc:
    Moonbeam Ontario Canada
    I had a fire down in the combustion air chambre which melted the wires on the ignitor and the wires that the igniter connects to. The ignitor is easy to replace but the wires it connects to not so easy. I cannot access the wires and most likely will need to take some of the stove apart. I could not find any instructions online.

4. Gaz45

Gaz45
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 31, 2015
    Loc:
    Moonbeam Ontario Canada
    I have to replace item '29' on the diagram.
    upload_2016-11-5_11-53-19.png

5. Lake Girl

Lake Girl
    Moderator 2.
    NULL

Nov 12, 2011
    Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Sorry, thought it was just the ignitor wires. Didn't realize the wiring connector beyond that was taken out as well... Looks like you will be disassembling a bit. Keep us posted and good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Gaz45

Gaz45
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 31, 2015
    Loc:
    Moonbeam Ontario Canada
    Thanks for wishing me luck...I will need it. I am trying to find instruction on taking it apart.

7. Lake Girl

Lake Girl
    Moderator 2.
    NULL

Nov 12, 2011
    Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Take photos as you go so you can reassemble properly. Possible to fish it through as they do when rewiring in a house.

8. FirBurner

FirBurner
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2016
    Loc:
    Canada
    The igniter wires are in the air intake channel along the bottom of the stove. They run up through the floor of the unit next to the combustion fan on the same side as the door with the control panel. I think they run through a 1" grommet in the floor there. You can check if the wires there have burn ends.

9. FirBurner

FirBurner
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2016
    Loc:
    Canada
    I think you might be able to fish the wires forward through the hole near the combustion fan.

10. Gaz45

Gaz45
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 31, 2015
    Loc:
    Moonbeam Ontario Canada
    FirBurner you are right. I got an instruction buletin from SBI which I included. It is in french but the pictures are all we need. It's all fixed and warming our home.

Attached Files:

Love the Heat likes this.
  11. wildwildwest

wildwildwest
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 7, 2014
    Loc:
    wyoming
    Doing the harness on ours now, what a pain in the behind! Also, harness was $15, they charged $16 shipping that took over 3 weeks.