How to make your life more protective from 5G around your environments...Researching different products worldwide..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are wonderful suggestions for me to start with to abate this situation and I am also curious on what the electric company tells me to do and today for one second all noise stopped and I looked out and the man was fixing the loose plate out front on a Sunday get you..then it resumed once again as usual...God it was so quiet for that one second--wow--..thanks..clancey

I thought maybe someone was fixing the crooked plate but I was wrong and the plate is still messed up and i think someone just pulled that red lever down or something maybe just a passerby and the noise stopped for one second and then they must have turned it on again--don't really know but took a picture of it anyway to include in my letter to the electric company...clancey

Attachments

• May23, 2021  Light pole 001.JPG
    May23, 2021 Light pole 001.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 184
I thought maybe someone was fixing the crooked plate but I was wrong and the plate is still messed up and i think someone just pulled that red lever down or something maybe just a passerby and the noise stopped for one second and then they must have turned it on again--don't really know but took a picture of it anyway to include in my letter to the electric company...clancey
If that's live, anybody could walk up and stick their fingers in it...in our neighborhood that would warrant an emergency call out of the utility repair guys! I work for a utility and if I left a "hot" panel open next to a sidewalk in a residential area like that, I would be strung up immediately...would get much unpaid time off, if not "off permanently"!

I fully agree with you and I am calling the electric company Now to see what they say...scary this is and so uncomfortable for me as well..clancey..

That is really scary if that is live and incredibly unprofessional if it isn't. And if it is live they are bypassing what should be a meter. Report it to the power company as an emergency

Reactions: brenndatomu
And if it is live they are bypassing what should be a meter. Report it to the power company as an emergency
Yeah, good point, that is a meter panel. I wasn't thinking about the fact that the guy allowed to open that meter panel and the guy working on the 5G would be 2 different people/2 different companies

Well I called up the number that I had 811 and it turned out that this particular branch of the companies only does underground things where people who dig and hit something--then she gave me the number of about five fiber companies because no one knows who owns the electric light pole until finally she told me to call the energy company which I did and they said that they will have someone out to check it as soon as possible and I gave her my address and name and told her that I would be in contact with someone because of a noise and vibration with ringing factor in my house since they put that pole in so she said she would relay that information as well because "they certainly" want people comfortable.. Now I have 15 phone numbers including cable companies and others for no one seemed to know who owns that pole but xcel said someone would be on that real soon--maybe in a few days--lol she said that..clancey

said someone would be on that real soon--maybe in a few days
That's ridiculous, we would be on that inside of an hour...I can almost guarantee it.
Just FYI, you could have just called the emergency # for your power company (should be on your electric bill somewhere) as even if the pole is owned by the wireless/5G company, the meter belongs to the power company...at least that's the way it works around these parts...

Last edited:
Reactions: sloeffle
Thanks--getting sick of this thread for it might turn into a soap opera here but will continue to see how this moves forward,,,Tomorrow is another day and thanks everyone for your concern and knowledge..clancey

That's ridiculous, we would be on that inside of an hour...I can almost guarantee it.
Just FYI, you could have just called the emergency # for your power company (should be on your electric bill somewhere) as even if the pole is owned by the wireless/5G company, the meter belongs to the power company...at least that's the way it works around these parts...
My guess is that none of that is powered up yet still pretty crappy there should be a cover over the meter hole and it should all be locked out even if there is no power. But I can't imagine any pro leaving it open like that with power to it

Reactions: brenndatomu
One last picture and that pole is not fixed yet and when someone does appear I am going to ask them who is responsible for the pole so that I can mail a letter to them for the buzzing sound and vibration from it is affecting my house directly..That's all I can do and to figure out a way to make my house "safer" from the noise and buzzing 24 hours a day. Today as I do my HD run I will check into some kind of sound proofing material to see if I could do that to get rid of some of the noise from it vibrating in my house...clancey

Attachments

• Needs fixing may 24 monday 001.JPG
    Needs fixing may 24 monday 001.JPG
    257.8 KB · Views: 165
Well this was a interesting and funny read about a light pole and a obvious water/power vault that the city installed and is quite common in just about every city/town for ease of servicing things... Its just a light pole with what will be at some point a power meter for the equipment in the vault as i very much doubt any type of electrician would have left that connection live as they would have lost their job by the time they made it back to the shop. No noise comes from a 5g if their was even one up on that pole and their is not one that i can see. Alot of towns are upgrading to this type of pole as they look much nicer than the old street lights. If in fact you are hearing a noise and feeling a vibration it would be coming from the equipment they put in the water vault. I have installed and worked on water vaults and they do make a vibration and sound but i can only ever hear them when im within a few feet of them unless their is a high water usage like a line break some ware and the vault will somethings amplify the sound. With the age of your house their is a lot more things more harmful in your house then outside

Reactions: bholler
Thanks Zrock and all that is nice to know and it would be wonderful if it was the water vault that is making that noise and as you see I took another picture of it today and sure hoping they fix it soon. I need to find out information here to see where this noise is coming from and they did drill three holes in the front of my house and cover these holes up with metal plates where my car parks out on the street so hoping this is the case that the water is making buzzing vibrating sounds like I have been experiencing ever since they installed this pole almost two weeks now..One thing though--yesterday the sound stopped for about a second or two and I looked out and there was a man in front of the meter and I thought they were fixing it but it was not them( the energy company-Sunday) and the noise immediately came back and its the same as it has been --very annoying and at night it gets worse...Thanks clancey

Attachments

• Needs fixing may 24 monday 001.JPG
    Needs fixing may 24 monday 001.JPG
    257.8 KB · Views: 162
The energy company owns that light pole and they will send out someone to check it out today for I sent a picture into them..I ask about the noise and vibration very loud since they put that pole in and also inquired about maybe the water company having something to do with this constant annoying noise and she said that they will check this out and she put a note on the record in regard to this aspect of this..That's all I can do for now thinking would not it be wonderful if it was just the water vault in the street where the noise is coming from and it can be fixed-gives me some hope here--thanks everyone and thanks for that "heads up zrock and suggestions"..clancey

Well this was a interesting and funny read about a light pole and a obvious water/power vault
I see a water valve box, and an in ground electrical "yard box" (probably junction for the pole) also marks on the sidewalk for a communications duct bank (not sure what the white diamond means...proposed 2cnd duct bank?) what are you seeing that makes you think there's a vault? (we call underground rooms big enough for a service person to get down inside "vaults")
I would surmise that the water dept replaced the water valve there recently...so your Cokes were not "wasted" Clancey ;lol

I am praying that this noise is coming from the water dept work instead of this 5G pole and maybe my cokes I gave these men were not wasted now they need to get back here and check out things...They dug big holes with real big fat orange tube like things going down into the holes and when they got done--bingo--noise and vibration--another crew dug up the large concrete area in front of the light pole after they (water people) got finished with their big holes in front of my house and Whammo a new pole was in and the noise is here..So I am hoping this noise can be fixed--We will See and keep your fingers crossed..clancey

Thanks Zrock and all that is nice to know and it would be wonderful if it was the water vault that is making that noise and as you see I took another picture of it today and sure hoping they fix it soon. I need to find out information here to see where this noise is coming from and they did drill three holes in the front of my house and cover these holes up with metal plates where my car parks out on the street so hoping this is the case that the water is making buzzing vibrating sounds like I have been experiencing ever since they installed this pole almost two weeks now..One thing though--yesterday the sound stopped for about a second or two and I looked out and there was a man in front of the meter and I thought they were fixing it but it was not them( the energy company-Sunday) and the noise immediately came back and its the same as it has been --very annoying and at night it gets worse...Thanks clancey
So the breathing issues dry eyes etc have showed up in the last couple weeks??? Are you sure it is the 5g and not just seasonal allergies? I have pretty much the same symptoms currently with no 5g within 100 miles.

I wouldn't be worried about 5G at all. At my Uncles wedding a couple years ago another guest worked for a telecom company in Vancouver, she was analyzing the preliminary equipment and frequencies for 5G. She said the signal propagation was very poor, if the tower was a few hundred feet away a simple double pane window was enough to prevent a simple voice call on a 5G phone. IIRC she said something like 90% of the frequencies they tested were at least 10 times worse than 4G at penetrating building walls, making most of these frequencies useless unless you were using a phone outside.

We now have 5G in our small city, there has been no reported issues so far with it. Quite frankly its a marketing ploy, 4G will remain dominant here for the foreseeable future as signal range is far more critical than speed. Most of the time the 4G connection from my phone to the tower is the fastest part of the connection, the cell company's system bottlenecks on their side first.

AB that makes sense to me because that's why they have to put them so close together and yes that 4G does go right through the walls and is for a different purpose I believe...Whats getting me is this ringing noise with a slight vibration you can feel on your skin and it has a buzzing sound metalic sort of sound at the same time...I need to get some sort of person in here to measure this sound and let me know where exactly it is coming from--24 hours a day---nerve raking especially at night time when it gets worse...No one came today to fix that 5G street light still crooked with a few wires hanging out and a lever that is stuck in too short of a space-lol..One could not shut it off if they wanted too...My eyes have been dry bholler but not like this for they actually now are closed in the morning and it takes awhile to get them to stay open and as far as breathing is concerned had coughing over the years not a lot but this feels like my chest is too tight to breath in the oxygen--never had this before and only have it since that street light and water things were fooled with..I do use dry eye drops but they have never been quite like this as far as dryness is concerned and only happen with the pole and water..I want someone to come in here and measure the energy in my house and there are a few hot spots my radio tells me about--I want to know the extent of this and where the annoying noise is coming from...I checked into Hardee board today and different insulations for sound proofing areas as well as buy locks and things of that nature and looked at the Deck blocks that sell here for 16 dollars a piece. On the way home I had a ac in the back of my truck and another car came out of the ally at 50 miles a hour and hit my truck so I will be way laid for awhile...Young no license , no insurance. arguing with boy friend and this made my day...My ac winded up in the air and flew just under one fourth of a block and landed in front of someones garage--impact heavy I spun around twice and thought I would turn over but I am okay--banged up but okay..clancey

Very scary but I am okay just pretty banged up right leg and ribs mostly but just glad it was not more serious than it was and just driving minding my own business and wam and the insurance man called me and really gave me sympathy..lol..My truck on the right side needs body work and those Tacoma's are pretty darn sturdy little pick ups and their bmw old and used folded like a accordian with the front heavily damaged but my little truck I drove home in after the tow truck driver put on my spare tire under the truck because the wheel had a flat tire and I did not want to drive on it...A exciting day...I went to HD to check out a few things and my new ac that I got a small one flew out of the truck flew in the air and landed in front of someones garage--glad no one was walking in that area. Had a little plant that flew like a bird and since I replanted the little thing and believe me I never had a green thumb so I hope it makes it..The other party got a lot of fines and two witnesses ran to see if I made it okay because of the noise of the crash--terrible--all the neighbors came out and I was two blocks from my home and they were the looky lews I guess but also witnesses that saw all of this and really supported me--one brought me out a glass of water--how sweet everybody was and Oh what a day...I am fine just sore and will get a good nights sleep tonight ...My poor truck...clancey

Reactions: sloeffle
About two weeks ago the water company drilled four holes in my street parking area and sidewalk out front and replaced with concrete and metal covers and at the same time the energy company updated a street light to have 5G in the area and ever since that time I have this constant 24 hours of buzzing and ringing sound in my house for 24 hours a day and just needing suggestions on maybe how to solve the problems or who to call..So far I called the energy company and told them the door and plating to the 5G pole was not on right and crooked and someone was fooling around with the lever on it and I did have complete quiet for about 2 or 3 seconds but the noise immediately resumed . They said that someone would check it out in a few days and they did not know who was responsible for the 5G in the pole but would check it out. My next attempt at solving this problem will be to call the water company and see what they say and if they have any suggestions..I visited the next door neighbor and he does not hear anything for he is half deaf and now is having ear problem and his breathing has been worse for he has COPD for many years. I am having breathing problems and very dry eyes which are much more drier than usual as well as my throat closing up at night time with dryness.. Today I will call up the water company to see what they suggest and share the results on here...Whatever this is --its environmental and affecting the quality of my life. Mrs. Clancey

This sound is outside and I am going to walk a block or two to see if I can find a spot when it stops and my back yard and ally way has it too. I am also going to have my electrician shut off all electric for a second as well as the water company shutting off the water valves to see if this is relaying it "somehow into my home"...This is my first attempt at solving this problem. Energy company yesterday complaint and now the water company today..So we will see how all this goes down..Its seems very universal in the environment--everywhere to me. Yet when I go shopping or to the post office everything is quiet or when I visit a friend everything is quiet as well,, A complete puzzle here and it started with the street digging and pole being put in..I also am checking the different websites for noise and ringing and i come up with this in the way of health--but the problem for me is "when I am out of the area everything is normal and quiet and this all started with the water company and energy company putting in their equipment but I thought I would post this article anyway..

Last edited:
Well as I am doing this investigation of the sound it sure does sound more like Tinnitus than anything else and this is where i will start investigating if I have tinnitus or not and this might become a eye opener or not just seeing how this goes down...Well get back to you all later on this when I have more evidence of something here but in the meanwhile the light pole needs to be fixed and they said they would so this problem will be solved as i delve into this more...Anybody else on the forum have something like tinnitus? clancey

Anybody else on the forum have something like tinnitus?
I have it a little bit...mainly from being around loud equipment most of my life, and not always with hearing protection...but its there all the time, it doesn't come and go depending on where you are...unless its just loud enough to drown it out where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.