How To Remove Ash Door On 20 Year Old Dutchwest 2460?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mjp1992

Jun 2, 2022
Pine Bush NY
Hearth.com newbie, Spring-cleaning Grandpa's Dutchwest 2460 stove. I'm replacing gaskets--front door, side door, and stove top all came off easily, but the ash door isn't as cooperative. I removed the hearth lid above the ash door, and tried to lift up on the door (similar to front and side door removal); door moves up ~1/8 inch or so, but no further. I'm trying not to break anything. Any suggestions, anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Mike P.

If your just replacing gaskets, just do the ash door while its on, not as simple of course, but still very do-able.

It's super weird the way the a.p. door is pinned! Too much can go wrong trying to tap them out so yes, do as the Hermit says. All will be well.