How to remove door on Drolet 1800i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

vpchester

Oct 5, 2020
Washington
The instructions to replace the door glass say to remove the door and lay it flat on a protected surface. But nothing about how to remove the door from the unit. Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought that the door just lifted up off the hinges. I'm lifting but nothing is happening. Help!

I haven't taken the door off mine, but there are clips at the bottom of the hinge pins that look like they need to be removed in order to lift the door off. It looks like they could be pried off with a small flat-head screw driver. But it might be worth a call to SBI to get their advice, if no one else here chimes in.

@Riteway is correct. There is a small clip on the bottom of the hinge that you can pry off with a flat head screwdriver. I found reinstalling it was more difficult than removing it--the trick is to use a socket to push it back on.