How would you cover my wood shed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rosencra38

Jun 17, 2008
West Michigan
So I bought one of those garage in a box things to use for my wood shed this winter. I was wondering if I should cover the top/sides (it's all one piece) and leave the ends open or if I should close the whole thing up.

Raise it up on blocks so air can get under the skirt. Cut a large louvered vent into the rear panel and keep the front panel rolled up as long as there isn't horizontal rain.

Doesn't West Michigan get lots of snow and wind? If so, I don't think this stands a chance in the winter.

stejus said:
Doesn't West Michigan get lots of snow and wind? If so, I don't think this stands a chance in the winter.

It'll be fine. I got the round top that was suggested earlier when I asked about it. The round top is stronger and can hold up to excess snow. The whole structure is anchored into the ground by 8 30" long stakes.

You'll want it to be closed when the wind blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.