HPBA update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Talk about full circle, now they are going back to Nu-tec designs! Come up with something original, they already went back to "Hybrid" cat design that has been around since the 80's.

nutec cat.jpg

Reactions: stoveliker and Todd
Did you get a chance to check out MF's new freestanding stove?
I looked them over last year. I reached out to them for any kind of dealer price on a unit to try out or beta program. Being new I hoped they would at least make a deal for a new dealer willing to take them on. They ghosted me.. they were there this year, but I didn’t stop in. They would have to prove they could fill a void that BK,or Lopi doesn’t fill. I really doubt that’s possible. If they had a solid product I think I could have gotten them some real traction around here, as well in other places in the industry.

nobody has touched base on the flue cats not failing from thermal shock. or did i miss it

I looked them over last year. I reached out to them for any kind of dealer price on a unit to try out or beta program. Being new I hoped they would at least make a deal for a new dealer willing to take them on. They ghosted me.. they were there this year, but I didn’t stop in.

They show 6 dealers in Indiana so maybe they already had your spot covered?

They show 6 dealers in Indiana so maybe they already had your spot covered?
They didn’t at the time. No stoves were even approved to be sold yet when I was in contact with them. I never hear any mention of them within the business, I can’t imagine they are that established yet.

Nice easy access under the cooking plate. I wonder how it will extend the burn times?
Doubt it will. At least it’s easy to access though. They ask you not to take pictures usually. I respect that otherwise I would have had lots to share..