HT2000 Dimensions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rockhound007

Jun 11, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Hi all!
Love that this exists!!
I have a question for anyone who may own an HT2000, I have reviewed manuals and done the math based on the manual multiple times, but there is one measurement I cannot find, from the front of the stove to the front of the flue.

I have an existing Osburn, with slate tile all around on the floor, and I am hoping to replace it straight in and out, my chimney goes straight up and would like to keep it that way, but I also have to maintain 18 inches from the front of the stove on the floor to combustible materials.
Thanks in advance!

By front of the stove, I am assuming to the front of the door glass. I don't have one to measure, but I think 15" or 15.5" would be close. If necessary, perhaps the front of the hearth could possibly be extended?

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 3.29.51 PM.png

By front of the stove, I am assuming to the front of the door glass. I don't have one to measure, but I think 15" or 15.5" would be close. If necessary, perhaps the front of the hearth could possibly be extended?

View attachment 296178
I appreciate your reply, I have all those drawings. I dont want to assume anything, and I am trying to avoid extending hearth.
My math puts me closer to 16", which would make it about only 16" clearancce in the front, not the 18" required in Canada.

Sounds like it may not work without a bit of compromise. The HT2000 has a deep firebox. The extension could be a strip of metal, flush with the floor. Perhaps also look at the Drolet HT3000 which is slightly shallower?

I'm in canada as well ,when I laid my ceramic tile I did not want to do the 18 inches by code so I put a fireproof insulated panel in front of my stove for burning season.was wett inspected as well.

20220119_163214.jpg

I'm in canada as well ,when I laid my ceramic tile I did not want to do the 18 inches by code so I put a fireproof insulated panel in front of my stove for burning season.was wett inspected as well.

View attachment 296189
I have decided to extend my slate tile on the floor with a 4" border all around to make it look like thats how it was installed.
I cannot get over all of the positive reviews on the HT2000, this is why I am leaning to this model, I did consider the HT3000, but don't like that the door opens on the left side (not set in my ways.....lol)
Thanks!

Sounds like a plan. You may even like the look better with the border.
FWIW, the door swing has never been an issue for me, but for some, it's more important.