Hudson Valley NY Box Stores

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
trying to talk Lowes into ordering 100 tons of sets in Jun - Jul 2015 this would give then time to deliver them before the cold and not have a shortage. Will need about $ 27,000 to order them if they will not front the money.
wow... 27K we would need some heavy hitters to float that.. I am in for 3 or 4 tons if it can all come together.

I received the same notice, but I wonder what lowes will sell it for. When I brought my ton and half in September they were $4.98 a bag.
So I went to Lowes in Middletown yesterday. They had around 30 bags of GT Platinums on a pallet in the middle of the store. I asked the price, $6.98 a bag. I only picked up 10 bags for that price. I bought a ton and a half of these same pellets from Lowes back in September for $4.98 a bag.

was going to go there today but at that price I will stay with what I have, supplemented with Heatr's and Big Heats (HD and TSC respectively) for 4.98 and 5.29 a bag (also respectively)

was going to go there today but at that price I will stay with what I have, supplemented with Heatr's and Big Heats (HD and TSC respectively) for 4.98 and 5.29 a bag (also respectively)
I had a $75.00 credit from Lowes, that's what I used. Otherwise I would have left them.

This is a surprise. Lowes is either completely out of stock or loaded with north americans latley. But hamers prices for gt leaves alot to be desired.

This is a surprise. Lowes is either completely out of stock or loaded with north americans latley. But hamers prices for gt leaves alot to be desired.
oh well there still Heatr's at HD and Big Heats at TSC for (what now passes for) reasonble prices

Reactions: Peterfield
I was at Lowes and HD in Middletown @ 7am this morning.
Lowes had some AWF's and Green Supreme for $6.98 a bag WTF?
HD had Heatr's and GS for $4.98 a bag so I grabbed 25 bags of Heatr's.
They've been doing real good in my P43 this year.

wow... 27K we would need some heavy hitters to float that.. I am in for 3 or 4 tons if it can all come together.
Hi
I'm relatively new to burning pellets here in New Paltz. I'm good for 2 or 3 tons of they are low ash and decent price... When do you start organizing?

Also anybody have a recommendation for a good low ash pellet available nearby? Finishing up my fireside (hot enough but dirty and ashy) and Pennington(garbage).

conact this guy great deal if still available might be still available, he posted in the wrong section of craigslist would do it myself but no more room in the garage

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/app/4803745527.html

Lignetics Premium Wood Pellets - 3 ton - $600 (Pine Bush)
condition: new size / dimensions: 3 Ton

3 ton of Lignetics Pellet Stove Pellets for Sale.
Moving! All Must Go!
We will be moving from this home in a few months.

These pellets were bought and delivered in August.
Asking $600.00 for all 3 ton or $200.00 per 1 ton. Will only sell per ton, must pick up.
Please call, email or text.
This is a $60.00 saving per ton. All local store are also out of them now.

Mark
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

oh well there still Heatr's at HD and Big Heats at TSC for (what now passes for) reasonble prices
Lowes in Chester has Cheat River and North American pellets for $5.38 a bag. I picked up 4 bags of Cheats to try out. When I left there were 8 bags of the Cheats on the pallet. There were a pallet and a half of the North Americans left.

I've burned mostly green supreme, some n. american, some cheat river and natures own. the natures own burned the hottest but created some clinkers and more ash. the rest were pretty similar. think I like the gs overall. very little ash and not bad on the heat end.
here in monroe, tsc does not deliver so you have to go and pick up. lowes and hd you can call and for I think 65 they will deliver a palette and bring it in to your protected area if their hi/lo has the clearance. otherwise, u have to move it around yourself. calling and charging it over the phone is the way to get it. whatever the it is. in monroe, hd carries gs and heat which is a little cheaper. never used though
englander 25pah

I was at Lowes and HD in Middletown @ 7am this morning.
Lowes had some AWF's and Green Supreme for $6.98 a bag WTF?
HD had Heatr's and GS for $4.98 a bag so I grabbed 25 bags of Heatr's.
They've been doing real good in my P43 this year.
So heatrs are burning good? I have a p43 also and I have fireside ultras right now but getting so many clunkers that it actually wouldn't light last weekend because there was a big chunk of carbon over the igniter. So it's safe to buy a ton of the heatrs? I have been mixing the fsu with some hamers I have left from last year just so it doesn't carbon up so bad.

So heatrs are burning good? I have a p43 also and I have fireside ultras right now but getting so many clunkers that it actually wouldn't light last weekend because there was a big chunk of carbon over the igniter. So it's safe to buy a ton of the heatrs? I have been mixing the fsu with some hamers I have left from last year just so it doesn't carbon up so bad.
as always different stoves \ setu[ps burn the same pellets differently .. try 5 bags at first of any you find and go from there.. this place is full of remorse concerning having bout x# tons and later found they were worse than last year or a particular stove doen't like them as much as another stove

as always different stoves \ setu[ps burn the same pellets differently .. try 5 bags at first of any you find and go from there.. this place is full of remorse concerning having bout x# tons and later found they were worse than last year or a particular stove doen't like them as much as another stove
Yeah I have been doing that and found dry creeks were ok. New England's were ashy and barefootes were prob the best but the place wants 309 a ton. It I was going to spend that much I
Might as well spend 300 in curran softies or 320 for hamers. Found that natures own are the same as fsu just different bag. Same address as fsu. Both come out of Quebec. All the big box stores around me don't have crap this year. The hamers I got last year I found them at lowes in Hudson. I was real surprised so I bought 2 ton last year at 230 a ton. Why can't they be like that now?????

Status
Not open for further replies.