Huge Score - Just Kidding - Thought this was funny.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is funny!

People will do anything.
That is great.

Home Depot had a cart of curled lumber for sale and the sigh said great for starting fires, take all for $10.00.

Adios Pantalones said:
You all might be surprised what I will burn in the kiln. I took wood that looked like that, trimmed it down to 40" length, and bundled up some jute-tied faggots. Burned like mad later in the firing.
Yea but how far would you drive to get it?

Adios Pantalones said:
You all might be surprised what I will burn in the kiln. I took wood that looked like that, trimmed it down to 40" length, and bundled up some jute-tied faggots. Burned like mad later in the firing.

Funny, I was thinking about your kiln when I first saw the add...funny.

If I leave now I can be there by tomorrow night. Do y'all think it will still be there when I arrive?

smokinj said:
Adios Pantalones said:

Not far- LOL. I drag brush over nearby and we hand process it during the firing- much like finding branches and feeding them into a campfire. Got plenty of that stuff.

I should put in an ad for scraps of rusting metal roofing and bent angle iron that I should have carted to the transfer station.

Adios Pantalones said:
smokinj said:
Adios Pantalones said:

Not far- LOL. I drag brush over nearby and we hand process it during the firing- much like finding branches and feeding them into a campfire. Got plenty of that stuff.

I should put in an ad for scraps of rusting metal roofing and bent angle iron that I should have carted to the transfer station.[/quote
I have some pretty big fires with that stuff

I have seen the same type posts here on craigs list. They must be related....got to be kiding.
See a lot of free wood listed also. People want you to come cut trees out of their yard, around power lines, their houses, and leave the place spotless also.

awoodman said:
I have seen the same type posts here on craigs list. They must be related....got to be kiding.
See a lot of free wood listed also. People want you to come cut trees out of their yard, around power lines, their houses, and leave the place spotless also.

I have even started to see ads on craigs list that want "sell" the tree and you cut it down, haul it away and clean it up plus you PAY the landowner for the tree !! You have got to be kidding.

I am amazed that some people will have just anyone just come in and cut down a tree that is near the house or power lines and not even consider what could happen if the tree falls on the house.

Well, I got back late last night. The wood was already gone when I got there. Which one of you dorks took it?

There's been a continuously reposted one in my area lately, with the usual "you cut it down and clean up, you can keep the wood". Not only that, but he complains that it's dangerously close to his house, so you must be licensed and bonded.
Tree removal here is usually $500-$1000, so we'll generously say it's $800. There might be, what, 2 cords of, in this case probably half-rotten Douglas fir or soft maple? Cut, split and delivered would be around $400. Except you get to do all that, plus haul away the limbs, plus the cost of gas, hours on the saw, chain, bar. Ibuprofen. License and bonding. Actual value closer to $200.

$200

Sweet deal. A $200 load of wood for $600. I'm sure my numbers are off, too. It's probably worse.

There are a number of these ads in the free section of our local craigslist too. One time I saw that someone had posted a response..
it went something like "Free Oil: Currently located in my car. Must drain yourself and replace filter. Licensed mechanic a plus."

Status
Not open for further replies.