Huskee 22 ton splitter $899.00

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's on board for me to get some much needed equiptment.....we have been burning wood for the past 4 years, and I've been splitting about 3 cords a year by hand, and renting a splitter to split another 6 cords....the rental runs about $125 for the day.....if we're gonna keep this pace up, might as well buy....plus I'm not getting any younger, and it's starting to take it's toll.....we're also looking at Snowblowers after last years incredible snows we had....I work for a school, and after shoveling there for 8 hours, I gotta come home and do another 4-5 hours at home....it's just time

I hear you, Brotherman. The money came out of my own savings but we never make major purchases without discussing it with each other. She appreciates all the work I put in and the money I save with our 'free" heat. I had to convince her that I can't split by hand forever and that after a few years of renting a splitter we could have bought one that is always here when needed so I can split right away and let the wood start drying.

The deal I found on Craigslist won her over.

tumm21 said:
grande opening of the store. price was 1099.00 marked down to 999.00 and I had a 10 percent off coupon. total savings was 200.00. final cost 899.00 ..............

Good deal
You'll be pleased every-time you split wood.
Good design.
Should last many years.
coupon shopping pays off big time :)
Gotta use it vertical, so you'll need a milk crate to sit on. (BWS is lurking),

Beer Belly said:
I was at my local TS and was thinking about the 25 ton splitter....forgot the price....my Wife was looking at the 35 ton....don't think I need that big a unit....so, Huskee is a good brand ??

A lot of folks really like the Huskee brand . . . I would have probably bought one if there was a closer Tractor Supply Company where I live. 22-ton is a good sized splitter that should easily handle most anything you throw at it.

Beer Belly said:
She's on board for me to get some much needed equiptment.....we have been burning wood for the past 4 years, and I've been splitting about 3 cords a year by hand, and renting a splitter to split another 6 cords....the rental runs about $125 for the day.....if we're gonna keep this pace up, might as well buy....plus I'm not getting any younger, and it's starting to take it's toll.....we're also looking at Snowblowers after last years incredible snows we had....I work for a school, and after shoveling there for 8 hours, I gotta come home and do another 4-5 hours at home....it's just time

There are some things that really are worth the expense -- a hydraulic splitter if you're processing a lot of wood is one of them . . . ditto for snow removal equipment.

Kenster said:
I hear you, Brotherman. The money came out of my own savings but we never make major purchases without discussing it with each other. She appreciates all the work I put in and the money I save with our 'free" heat. I had to convince her that I can't split by hand forever and that after a few years of renting a splitter we could have bought one that is always here when needed so I can split right away and let the wood start drying.

The deal I found on Craigslist won her over.

My wife and I do the same thing . . . well actually we just have shared accounts . . . but we always talk about big ticket purchases . . . she and I rarely say no and it just seems like the right thing to do . . . heck, truth be told, I'm usually the one looking to spend money, but even then I've usually taken plenty of time to do the research to decide what is the right thing to spend our money on.

firefighterjake said:
Beer Belly said:

There are some things that really are worth the expense -- a hydraulic splitter if you're processing a lot of wood is one of them . . . ditto for snow removal equipment.

And learning how to use them correctly...

Status
Not open for further replies.