Husky 28 ton 4 way wedge advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

crocboy25

Hearth Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
tallahassee fl
Hello,

I have a 28 ton Husky splitter. I would like to add a 4 way wedge head onto it. Does anyone have any advice on what kind to get? Any kind to avoid? Also, I have seen videos of people using a 4 way wedge but it is always using horizontal. Can they be used vertically?

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Have you done a online search to see if one is made specifically for your machine?

Yes... but they appear to be used horizontal... i cant find any information on whether they can be used vertically... Also, the wood i usually split is hard wood, not pine. The videos I have seen appear to be mostly easier to split type wood. I was just seeing if anyone had any experience with using one especially with hard wood.