Husky 562XP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Medic21

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2017
Northern Indiana
Stopped into the local dealer this afternoon to grab some chains to sharpen for them. They have been trying for 3 years to get me to buy a husky pro saw since I am a Stihl guy. I was handed a 562XP demo saw. I said sure I’ll try it out. Took it home, sharpened the chain and walked out to the wood pile. Fired it up and buried it into a 32 inch oak log with. 20” bar.

This is comparable to my 362CM that is what I grab for everything anymore.

I’m still a Stihl guy, but I was very impressed. Smooth, faster throttle response than the stihl. Higher RPM, at a sacrifice of torque though. Very comfortable. My no BS opinion, if your in the market for the perfect firewood saw and are looking at a Stihl 362CM do yourself a favor and pick one of the huskys up before making a decision.

Oh yeah, they no longer have a demo saw available...

Nice review. I’m a long time Husky ( jonsered ) fan. I also like stihl saws.

But in the 50cc and 60cc class Husky provides a better product as far as technology and high performance. I have the 50cc Swedish version of the same saw you ran and I have run Stihls 261 and it’s vastly different. The Stihl is big and bulky. The Swede is light and nimble with formula 1 race car acceration. The Husky is smaller lighter narrower more like an extension of your person with higher and faster RPM and hold both in your hands side by side the Swedish saw is just that much nicer.

Doesn’t mean it’s better though. It’s not as durable as the Stihl and for a tree service guy the stihl 362 might be the better choice just because it’s more durable.

Nice review. I’m a long time Husky ( jonsered ) fan. I also like stihl saws.

But in the 50cc and 60cc class Husky provides a better product as far as technology and high performance. I have the 50cc Swedish version of the same saw you ran and I have run Stihls 261 and it’s vastly different. The Stihl is big and bulky. The Swede is light and nimble with formula 1 race car acceration. The Husky is smaller lighter narrower more like an extension of your person with higher and faster RPM and hold both in your hands side by side the Swedish saw is just that much nicer.

Doesn’t mean it’s better though. It’s not as durable as the Stihl and for a tree service guy the stihl 362 might be the better choice just because it’s more durable.

I looked at one last year when I bought the 362. I only went with the 362 because of 2 piston rings over 1 in the 562. It’s too small of a saw for any heavy cutting but, the perfect firewood saw if you want something comparable to the saws your dad or grandpa used when it comes to durability. I run 18 and 20 inch bars. The 562 is going to have an 18” bar. Honestly I’d have bought both last year had I ran it. I’d still be in the doghouse too. It’s hid in the shop till I figure a way to justify it lol.

Is your 362 the updated version with the different sprocket clutch cover ? If so it’s actuslly lighter than the 562. But doesn’t feel lighter. It’s a bigger more robust saw.

At the end of the day the 562 is impressive. And if you were chainsaw racing a 60cc ( or 50cc) I’d go Swedish. But for a work saw I also value the 2 ring set up on the Stihl. And the Stihl Mtronic has been know to have less issues than the Huskies AutoTune. But put both saws on the work bench ? Next to each other ? I just go for the Husky every time it’s that impressive to run.

Reactions: WiscWoody
Is your 362 the updated version with the different sprocket clutch cover ? If so it’s actuslly lighter than the 562. But doesn’t feel lighter. It’s a bigger more robust saw.

At the end of the day the 562 is impressive. And if you were chainsaw racing a 60cc ( or 50cc) I’d go Swedish. But for a work saw I also value the 2 ring set up on the Stihl. And the Stihl Mtronic has been know to have less issues than the Huskies AutoTune. But put both saws on the work bench ? Next to each other ? I just go for the Husky every time it’s that impressive to run.

Yes it’s updated. I did burn a clutch up on it but, it was taken care of under warranty and I was told that was the first one the dealer had ever seen.

What I wondered is the tooth count on the 562 sprocket. If it may possibly be a 8 or 9 tooth.

My 562XP cuts everything I throw at it! I have a 20" bar and a 28" bar, both with full chisel chains. I'm not a professional, but I cut down trees for my own firewood use. I would put my 562XP up against any other 60cc chainsaw out there. It's completely stock, and it's been perfect since I bought it 6-7 years ago.

I have no experience with Stihl saws, but I'm not a Stihl hater. I chose the Husky because I was already familiar with Husky saws.

Reading this makes me miss my husky 365 special even more, dang kids broke into my shed and stole it along with a few other saws. That thing was amazing with a 20" bar. Kids got busted but had already sold the saws on letgo and was not able to track the buyers down.

I hate to hear stories like that;ex I have no tolerance for thieves.

I had my 562XP ported a few years ago and I run a 20” Bar on it. I just got done cutting up a good sized elm tree and I was reminded how nice it is to have the power of a 390XP in a saw that is much lighter. But I had my 390XP ported also and I pull that out when I need a big gun. Not very often thank goodness.

Reactions: Todd67