Husky 572XP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Sounds like Husky is supposed to announce a new saw tomorrow but I can't wait that long... anyone seen one yet?

Husqvarna is one of the world's best saw makers. It's amazing how every new pro saw they release in a given size class is always the second best in the world. But what do you expect when Stihl is your primary competitor? ;)

Husqvarna is one of the world's best saw makers. It's amazing how every new pro saw they release in a given size class is always the second best in the world. But what do you expect when Stihl is your primary competitor? ;)

That is a strong statement.lol. But I respect that. Without made this an argument, I think in the only area that Stihl win is on dealer Network. They are all over places. Including remote places and little towns. That give them a very strong point to be number one. Husqvarna is getting there little by little plus have box stores lines just for normal citizens that want to to have another tool for occasional use..
Looking the big picture Stihl M-tronic is based on Husqvarna autotune. For me they still have some work to do with vibration and something important is Husqvarna prices are lower for almost same specs between them.
Now saying so, I like them both but I owned a Husqvarna and maybe one day I will buy a Stihl too just to have both. Over the years I use/pay with both from friends and family that we get together on weekends for wood cutting and give me the opportunity to compare them. We all agree on those points but always ended saying mine is better than yours.lol. I really like both. Sincerely.

I have a good variety of pro saws from several manufactures. From Stihl the 361 and 661CM. From Husqvarna I have several 346xp's, 372xp, 562xp, and the red stepchild CS2172. Also have dolmar 5100s, and the blue version 6401. I like them all but the 361 has never done it for me and I almost always grab a husky or dolmar for random firewood cutting. I do really like the 661CM but seldom have wood big enough to really give it a work out so far. I don't like Stihl's policy of full retail on everything and can't even apply the ACE hardware coupons they are always sending me.

And to expand upon my 361 comments, - it runs just fine, there is just something about it that makes me go for other saws first, maybe the antivibe isn't quite as good or isn't as responsive as the 346xp, maybe it's the balky hot restarts - hard to put my finger on it I guess or maybe I was expecting more because of the way the 361 was talked up on other sites...

That is a strong statement.lol. But I respect that. Without made this an argument, I think in the only area that Stihl win is on dealer Network. They are all over places. Including remote places and little towns. That give them a very strong point to be number one. Husqvarna is getting there little by little plus have box stores lines just for normal citizens that want to to have another tool for occasional use..
Looking the big picture Stihl M-tronic is based on Husqvarna autotune. For me they still have some work to do with vibration and something important is Husqvarna prices are lower for almost same specs between them.
Now saying so, I like them both but I owned a Husqvarna and maybe one day I will buy a Stihl too just to have both. Over the years I use/pay with both from friends and family that we get together on weekends for wood cutting and give me the opportunity to compare them. We all agree on those points but always ended saying mine is better than yours.lol. I really like both. Sincerely.

Last edited:

Yes, I don't like to get caught up in the brand thing - in the end, all were doing is cutting wood and they both do that very well.

When you get around to buying a Stihl, make sure you get one of the ones updated with M-tronic, they just plain work! While Husqvarna was the first manufacturer to adapt auto-tune from outboards and snowmobiles to chainsaws, they shared their version I adaptations with Stihl. Since then M-tronic is developed separately from auto-tune so they are not the same systems. Husqvarna has managed to design in a warm start issue that Stihl never had. That said, I think they have solved it finally.

My impressions between the two are that comparable specs can be had in the Husqvarna pro line for about 10-15% less $$. But that the Stihl pro line has a little better quality control and higher quality plastics and slightly more durable on average. It's possible to get a lemon in either brand that will die an early death but it seems to happen more with Husqvarna. But it's like Ford vs. Chevy, get what you like, they are both good.

I do really like the 661CM but seldom have wood big enough to really give it a work out so far.

Try posting a Craig's List ad:

"Have big saw. Need big wood. Will cut for free." ::-)

Seriously though, I know what you mean. I'm happiest when my saw is fully loaded. And it seems like the saw is in it's element.

Try posting a Craig's List ad:

"Have big saw. Need big wood. Will cut for free." ::-)

Seriously though, I know what you mean. I'm happiest when my saw is fully loaded. And it seems like the saw is in it's element.

I've thought about it, but I know the reply's I'd get -" I've got this Huuge cottonwood" and "can you clean up and haul away all the brush too?" :rolleyes:

Reactions: WoodyIsGoody
Sounds like they made changes in this model that they were having problems with in the 562 xp.